Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

I got an email from Stephen Elop and the VP of North America on this problem and I can tell you it's not an issue on the Nokia end...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matthieugd

Any VP of the company would say " Its not us". I have dealt with many companies before which lie & say that to customers & blame other companies.

If i do not see hard proof from Nokia them selfs, i am not going to blame just Rogers. I will blame both Rogers & Nokia. Nokia never went public staying " We offered Rogers the colors but Rogers declined." Same goes for Rogers.

This is a game they are both playing which leave the customers confused. No one knows the real truth. Anyone can email the company but the company will give a answer which wont make the company look bad. Believe me i should know this very well lol.

SO until i see hard proof from both companies, i will blame both.

EDIT - Also can you provide the email on here from the CEO because as many will say, i really doubt you got a email from the CEO unless you work with him / know him personaly, No CEO responds to public emails unless its about something really urgent / important. NOT calling you a lier but i want to see the email like some others will as well.

EDIT #2 - Just called Nokia Canada & Nokia. They both told me inorder to get a email from the CEO Stephen Elop, you will need to go threw MANY loops & know him personally / work with him like i said. They also said he does not repsond to anyones emails asking questions about colors / phone releases. No CEO does this. I recorded the convo as well & the Managers name was Kevin M. Nokia Canada District Manager.

So in all. I really do not know what to believe..

Anyways back on topic here.

AS for the colors, unless provided otherwise, i will blame both Rogers & Nokia. How is it that HTC can provided the Blue & black but Nokia cant? How is it that Blackberry released colors on their end but Nokia can not? How is it that Samsung released the colors to Rogers & Bell but Nokia can not? See the pattern?

I Plan to Stick Around

I got a problem on year ago with my Lumia 800 that I bought directly from UK. I take my chances and wrote an email to him  and he replied. A few days later an assistant called me to replace the Lumia. A month ago I wrote again about the lack of colors for the Lumia 920 because I can't again buy the device at full price. He just replied, very simply. Of course Nokia is not going to say that a CEO is answering every email he receveid ... 

The Lumia 920 is available in every country in the world in some colors but in Canada? Do you see a pattern?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if so, ill take it with a grain of salt until one of the companies comes out saying something. Until then, i blame both. It takes 2 companies to make a decision, not just one right.

Anyways hopefully they both realize that its time to step up on the plate & bring more colors to Canada!!

I do see the pattern BUT like i said, it takes 2 companies to make a decision, not just one. I am sure as Nokia has chance, If Rogers never wanted colors & Nokia wanted to bring them, they could have picked another carrier to be with correct? But of course its all about the money anyways in the end.

I'm Here A Lot

Screw cyan, Nokia should make a purple one!!
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Actually... I don't think it's that hard at all. There are numerous stories of Elop and Nokia execs personally responding to people's emails.

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-head-marketing-steps-santa

So before you get all uptight and believe that Rogers can't be at fault for this colour screw up (and thats what it is... a screw up), just consider for a moment that they can.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Krown

Maybe you should read my post again.. I said " Even if so, ill take it with a grain of salt until one of the companies comes out saying something. Until then, i blame both. It takes 2 companies to make a decision, not just one right. "

I never said Rogers is not to blame. I said I blame both Rogers & Nokia for this. Of course a CEO of the company would say " Its not our fault" & such. They just want to cover them selfs up. I blame both companies. Until one of them goes public, i blame both companies.

Also yes but most CEO's do not respond to public emails. He never used to reply to public emails until this year from what i have seen / read.

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree, offering black only is a very strange decision. What could possibly be the reason for this? Are the black ones more profitable? I don't think so. The press is all excited about the bright colours. They look great. If Nokia, Rogers and Microsoft want to make an impression in Canada and get the Windows Phone out in the market, having all the colours would make other cell phone owner take notice. And if they bring out more colours later that will upset the keeners who got a black one when they first were released. Much as I want one, I am going to wait till they have some more colours, probably the red one for me.

Let's keep up the pressure for more colours. Good post jason_g85

I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello matthieugd

Any VP of the company would say " Its not us". I have dealt with many companies before which lie & say that to customers & blame other companies.

If i do not see hard proof from Nokia them selfs, i am not going to blame just Rogers. I will blame both Rogers & Nokia. Nokia never went public staying " We offered Rogers the colors but Rogers declined." Same goes for Rogers.

This is a game they are both playing which leave the customers confused. No one knows the real truth. Anyone can email the company but the company will give a answer which wont make the company look bad. Believe me i should know this very well lol.

SO until i see hard proof from both companies, i will blame both.

EDIT - Also can you provide the email on here from the CEO because as many will say, i really doubt you got a email from the CEO unless you work with him / know him personaly, No CEO responds to public emails unless its about something really urgent / important. NOT calling you a lier but i want to see the email like some others will as well.

EDIT #2 - Just called Nokia Canada & Nokia. They both told me inorder to get a email from the CEO Stephen Elop, you will need to go threw MANY loops & know him personally / work with him like i said. They also said he does not repsond to anyones emails asking questions about colors / phone releases. No CEO does this. I recorded the convo as well & the Managers name was Kevin M. Nokia Canada District Manager.

So in all. I really do not know what to believe..

Anyways back on topic here.

AS for the colors, unless provided otherwise, i will blame both Rogers & Nokia. How is it that HTC can provided the Blue & black but Nokia cant? How is it that Blackberry released colors on their end but Nokia can not? How is it that Samsung released the colors to Rogers & Bell but Nokia can not? See the pattern?

You should blâme only Rogers.

when lumia 800 was releases through Telus, it was available in many colors. When Rogers releases Lumia 900 it was available only in black and only a couple of months later Rogers releases in cyan. Nokia Canada also proved that only carrier choose colors it wants to sell.

Telus example privés i

so we need to blame only Rogers for disrespect of customers needs.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

That is your opinion and i have mine. Until i See Nokia Canada, Microsoft and Rogers say something in public, i will Blame all of them. It does not matter what they did with other carriers. What matter is what they decided before releasing the phone. It takes BOTH companies to make a desicion. Also i would like to add that the Cyan was leaked WAY before i was going to be released last year. The Yellow 920 is leaked to be released eith rogers as well. We all can keep arguing at each other but it wont make a difference. What will make a defference is both companies would say something tho.