Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivekvp
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

what about buying an unlocked one from another vendor?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you buy a unlocked Lumia 920 from somewhere else, make sure it works with the Rogers networks & you are all set.
matthieugd
I Plan to Stick Around

Expansys Canada has some models from AT&T for 650$ but they are not sure if they are unlocked until they get them. The others models (unlocked, not AT&T branded) go for 830$ ...

Matthieu

CraigB
I'm Here A Lot

Currently the MS store is not offering anything other than what you can buy from the carriers (i.e. in Toronto they will sell you a "Rogers" phone, available in any colour you want as long as its black). Sorry DPK79 but you're incorrect and the MS store is NOT selling unlocked phones like you can get from the Apple store (and a big mistake as far as I'm concerned).

lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope these rumours for the yellow 920 are true because I cancelled my reservation for the phone last week. I'm willing to wait a couple more weeks at best. I also had the chance to hold a 920 at the MS pop up store in the Eaton Centre on my walk into work today and I will admit that the phone is sexier than I expected even in black. I think with a couple nice cases you could almost ignore the fact it's black.

On a side note regarding marketing, I saw the first Rogers Windows Phone 8 commercial at Scotiabank theatre before Skyfall last night. I was suprisingly happy with it. I hope it's enough. I have to assume other carriers will follow suit to some extent. On US channels I've seen quite a few WP8 commercials. Not sure why they don't air them on Canadian TV.

DPK79
I've Been Here Awhile

It seems that only Canadians do not have a choice. Check any country in Europe, Russia, China, India and United States. Every country in the world have Lumia 920 in many colors. European countries will have it in cyan very soon.

I can't believe that ONLY CANADIANS DOESN'T HAVE CHOISE. Canada is a great country, why customers from US, Russia, China, India, all European countries and seems like any other country in the world can by the phone they want to buy, but in Canada we've been told: "will give you what we want, not what customers wants. This is shame.

I personally like Rogers, and it's service but I'm very disappointment that we don't have the same choice as customers from other countries have. I bought my Lumia 920 in black and I love it. It's definitely the best smart phone now. But my wife wants it in yellow. And now she wants to go to US, buy it there and then unlock it.

I'm very disappointment that my wife being Canadian can't just buy the phone she like's from the store as any other customers in the world do!

Dear Rogers, please respect your existing and potential customers and give us the choice to buy the phone that we like!

lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I may have to take the dive to black as well today only because I'm impatient. But I'd hold off on buying an AT&T yellow 920 only because the chances of unlocking that phone are slim to none. Same problems happened with the AT&T 900. A lot of ppl including myself had bought expensive paper weights.

Personally.. I'm grabbing the black 920 now. If a yellow one comes along I'll grab that one and sell the black 920 on eBay. If you unlock it and it's pentaband (to work on T-Mobile/Wind/etc) you can easily grab $800 for it online regardless of if it's used for a couple weeks as long as it's still mint.

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

I just want at least red or Cyan, at least! Come on Rogers!
lyme
I've Been Around

I'm currently on a different carrier, if rogers offered other colours (red please) I'd pre-order right now and switch when it is in.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

From what i know & have learned. Rogers may ONLY get the Yellow Lumia 920 & MAYBE the Cyan one like they did with the 900 Lumia. . I really doubt they will release another color.

I really hope they start releasing more colors BUT it could also be Nokia that is stopping Rogers from getting more colors. No ones knows. We sit here blaming Rogers without any hard proof from Nokia them selfs saying its Rogers.