Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Pls add colors, who ever is responsible at Rogers.

I Plan to Stick Around

mmmm...Slave Girl.... 🙂 Glad you noticed the slight humor in my post.
I Plan to Stick Around

Congrats everyone.

From where I'm standind it looks like your pleas to Rogers for additional colours, HAVE FALLEN ON DEAF EARS!

I wonder if Rogers will have cases for the 920 and wireless chargers in stock.

The good news is, the phone is amazing in any colour.

So in conclusion, what I've learn from this is, Rogers thinks Canadians are Colour blind and now Canadians think Rogers if Deaf.

Great, it's like See no Evil hear no Evil all over again.

I've Been Here Awhile

I am sorry to hear that the supply chain team at Rogers responsible for forecasting and buying the Lumia 920 inventory is probably the most risk averse, and out of step I've ever seen. It appears to me the sourcing/supply chain team has taken the "Lets just order a few in, if it does well, we'll order more, and we'll look at other colours then. If it doesn't, than we can say we've done our job because we don't have a lot of inventory" approach to it. There's been no effort done to even give the option special order other colours, or any market intelligence done to determine what colours people are asking for.

That's why you offer a pre-order with all the options available (in this case, colours) - it helps you forecast your initial order, determine initial run-rates and short term inventory! Additionally, it will help make your initial order more certain (and hopefully larger) and give you more leverage when negotiating with the vendor.  C'mon, it's retail supply chain 101. 

Additionally, I'm severely disappointed in the lack of effort put into marketing it - Microsoft and Nokia offer co-marketing funds and collateral to help carriers market the product, yet I have seen absolutely nothing other than a few Facebook posts. If you don't put any effort into marketing or looking to determine market intelligence, than you can expect it to fail. 

For the record, I was willing to purchase a yellow and cyan Lumia 920, 1 for wife, and 1 for myself. However, I will likely purchase this unlocked from outside of Canada.

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh Rogers...

There is a page hidden on your website showing off windows 8 phone with no way to get to it... Unless you read the tech blogs to find it. (I found it! It's hiding on a different page, you must really not want to highlight these new phones)

No announcement of it anywhere from you... Other than your early release.

And then... A fantastic page from Mr. Henry Ford. "any color you want - so long as it's black" ... But it's 2012, not 1922.

I really want to leave iOS but it looks like you really want me to stay there. Or at least the investors do. If you want my money don't make me shop elsewhere.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I really want one 920 now, but does not like black. Pls add Cyan or Red.

I Plan to Stick Around

I sent the following tweet to rogers:

@RogersBuzz Hey Rogers you Think Canadians are Colour blind? Well now we Canadians think you're deaf! #lumia @nokiacanada @Windowsphone

You know the reply I got?

@RSWalrond Thank you for your feedback, Rick. I will be sure to share your sentiments with our internal team.

LOL, The really question is, even if you share it will they hear you?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rwarlond

That is the same exact reply anyone else will get. They just copy & paste the message to everyone. They do share the info with their internal team BUT after that, the mods on Twitter,Facebook & on here have no other info. So this is why everyone gets that same exact info.

Hopefully Rogers listens because if they do not, i can see huge drops in their stocks / customers base.
I've Been Here Awhile

Cyan!

**Edited for format**

I've Been Around

greed, it's ridiculous. one of the huge selling points with all the new windows 8 phones outside of the samsung, was the option to get the device in multiple colours. why would a provider not want to take advantage of this!!

bring the red on!!