cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all,

I'm starting this topic to bring awareness of how silly the only color available for Rogers is black.

I have a hard time expressing how ridiculous this is on Rogers part to use such a bland color when the Lumia line is most known for colors that stand out!

As a disappointed Lumia 900 owner which only had black the first time around in March I will be passing on the 920 until I see some effort in acquiring more options.

I invite all who share my opinion to please reply to this stating "Rogers, you've lost a Lumia 920 customer until you offer more!"

Speak up people!

****Edited Labels****

187 REPLIES 187

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

i was #13 in the preorder, but quickly cancelled my order when I realized i was only in black. white or red please. WHo makes these decisions?

arsh
I'm Here A Lot

Do you guys buy a phone just because of its color? i don't think so.

Even I am disappointed that I won't be able buy the yellow one but I am okay with the black as well. The reason for that is 'This phone has some great features and awesome hardware'.

I just want to hold this device in my hands as asap even if I have to buy the black one.

No one here is willing to buy this phone because it has some good features, instead you guys have reason for not buying this phone just because of its color.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

One of the big selling points of Lumia is "bringing colour to smartphones".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjrv9-Botx8

So you can imagine our disappointment when Rogers decides not to bring that colour.

RWalrond
I Plan to Stick Around
If I'm going to drop this much money on a device that I know will be outdated in 1 year when the next big thing arrives. I want to make sure I get exactly what I want. Colour is a factor for me, just like the Camera, WP8 and wireless charging.

I wanted a Cyan 900, so I didn't purchase the Black 900 even though I really wanted one.

Rogers is not some back room provider(hmm), they're big enough and should be smart enough to know what are the main selling points of a device. You can't tell me that Colour is not one of the main selling points of the Lumia phones!

Canadians are NOT colour blind!

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for voicing your support! Honestly I don't know why black has become the standard when there is MUCH more suitable colors to choose from. If the one month exclusivity to Rogers is true, I will be jumping ship because of the color selection. Call me crazy but shouldn't the customer have the choice? I understand there's shipment quotas and supply they need to order, but then at least chop the black color supply into a third and give at LEAST 3 colors, 4 and I'll be extremely satisfied!

Keep the comments coming people, I know Rogers staff reads this! 

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

And secondly that would mean at least 2 phones that won't be purchased from Rogers as I'm seeking a family package.

palani_teddy28
I've Been Around

Hi

Hi do agree that it's a huge letdown by rogers. Not even red color? Nokia will not only lose its customers, but rogers also. I wish rogers considers and surprises us!!!!!

I plan on getting two Lumia 920's day 1.  One yellow and the other cyan, if they are not available at Rogers I will be shopping somewhere else...

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

I really hope that Rogers only has the 920 in "black" as an exclusive. Telus has been super quiet. I pray that next week we will hear from them and that they have 920 in Cyan, etc. Don't think it will happen, but you never know. I don't really want to buckle and get the 920 in black.

jason_g85
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly! I've been with Rogers for 10 years now, and this is the first time I've had a color preference for any of the products they sell. It's NOT THAT HARD TO GET MORE COLORS ROGERS, lets get the show on the road!

ESama
I've Been Here Awhile

Would like to add my voice to the fellow Rogers customers that, like me, are dissapointed that Rogers yet again makes such a poor decision with regards to Windows Phones. To have only Black when one of the primary differentiators in the Lumia line is its look, is incredulous. I ended up buying the black Lumia 900 from Rogers, but I will not be making the same mistake with the 920. If Rogers does not have it available in the multitude of colors that it comes in, I will be either purchasing the unlocked phone elsewhere in the color of my choice, or I will be moving to another carrier.

The55
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 920 in cyan, NO black for Me!!!

Marchorwin
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers will blame the lack of sales on the phone, not the fact they did not have the colour options people have been requesting. Everyone who would have bought a phone here will be going south for an unlocked phone.  Make special orders available...If you dont have a 32gb red lumia 920 in every store (which is what I want), at least make a way for customers to get one without having to go somewhere else.  It's funny that something as 'trivial' as a colour choice will burn Rogers in the end, unless they listen...

EZian
I've Been Around

Rogers, you should know that

Lumia means Color !

i'm begging you. please give me Cyan, or i will buy unlocked version when it is available.

Salohcin86
I've Been Around

I would love to be able to get the 920 in Yellow, it's the colour i'm most excited bout....I got a lumia 800 from telus and unlocked it and using it on rogers because the 900 only came in black. If i have to do the same thing with the 920 i'll do it. then when my contract is over i can go to Wind, i only have 12 months left.

PLEASE ROGERS BRING YELLOW OR CYAN!!!

Coan
I Plan to Stick Around

Seems like Microsoft stores will have a full range of phones when they open...I'm going to wonder if Yorkdale/the popup in Eaton center will be selling unlocked/activating phones on Rogers in colours other than black...

Coan
I Plan to Stick Around
Also, the Lumia 920 won't work on Wind's network. You'll need an 810 (tmobile) or HTC 8X.

lynam
I'm Here A Lot

Me too, I want to get a Lumia 920 for me and my wife. No color... I will have to wait also 😞

MG514
I've Been Here Awhile

We are talking about Rogers, all around the world, because little Canada, is the first in the world to get the new Nokia Lumia 920!!

I was going to get in line, and get one tomorrow!! But only black!!!

Rogers please check this short video from Youtube, it's one of Nokia's first ad, and so that you get a better understanding of why everybody is so upset and disappointed:

KieranMills
I've Been Here Awhile

I was disgustingly disappointed when I heard it would be available in ONE colour. I need the red one so bad!

Rogers! Listen to your customers! Order some more colours!

+1 for petition.  I definately don't want a black Lumia.  The whole point is for the colours!

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?