Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

I agree the lack of colour options really sucks. I posted on a nokia forum and was told that the decision on which colours to stock was entirely in Rogers' hands. This is extra disappointing and makes me want to either buy the phone outright or go with the samsung ativ on another carrier (since I'm still on the fence over which of those to buy).

I want a yellow Lumia ideally - I think it looks pretty nice with the OS tiles in yellow to match the case.

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Colour-options-in-Canada/td-p/1574430

I Plan to Stick Around

I like Black in general, blacks a good colour, both of my cars are black, I wear a lot of black...until your post, I still hadn't seen anyone say they actually wanted the 920 in black. I've seen numerous posts of people who will hold out or buy unlocked elsewhere to get the phone they actually want. 

Also as it's been recently posted, this isn't a Nokia issue, it's all Rogers. Now we can keep laying blame. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Like i said before. That person is NOT a Nokia rep or works with Nokia. Thus i would not believe that UNTIL I see hard proof. Sorry but anyone can say anything now days.

I've Been Around

I personally wanted to finally get away from a black phone, and was really looking forward to checking out the great colours and upgrading to the Lumia 920.  I guess I'll need to be patient and wait for Rogers to figure out that this is a big selling point for these new phones.

Boro

I Plan to Stick Around

The grey one is nice, even if the color is not flashy with the accent/theme color of the phone it can offer a great contrast:

http://wmpoweruser.com/the-grey-nokia-lumia-920-is-the-matte-phone-you-have-been-waiting-for/

I've Been Around

im also dissapointed with the black only option Smiley Sad

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah,

White or Cyan.  Maybe even Yellow.

I feel really saddened that even though I waited over a month after the launch of the 900, cyan still hadn't been released, so I settled for black, only to have the cyan come out a month later.  The cyan model was what interested me in the first place, and I love the phone... but every once in awhile I regret not having waited, and I admit it makes me a little annoyed at Rogers as a result.

In the days of iphones where people line up for unique and stylish products, and where phones are 'new' only for a short while, and where there is such potential for windowsphone devices.. I feel as if Rogers is intentionally trying to hurt Nokia sales with these kinds of launch strategies.

I've Been Around

If it's true: http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/12/rogers-may-only-have-lumia-920-exclusivity-for-one-month/ it can be a good reason to run away from Rogers if they don't understand what the clients want 🙂

I've Been Around

I want all the colors available.

Colors is a big part of windows 8, with all those live tiles.

Rogers, stop being a dinousour and offer the colors. Thank you.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have my doubts that anything will be done about this on launch day, which is a shame.  Imagine how many more phones Rogers would sell just from word of mouth alone.  People would see the Lumia 920s on the street in all their glorious yellow, reds, cyans, etc and would inquire about the phone.  That gives us potential Lumia owners an opportunity to convert another iPhone or Android user to what is arguably the best mobile phone experience.  In black, all phones fade into the background and look the same.  What a shame. 

Come on Rogers, at least make the colour option available online if you don't want to carry them in the stores.  I believe that you will quickly realize that all your sales are coming from online orders.  A good business decision in my opinion.

I said this on the Rogers Facebook page and I'll say it again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Microsoft Pop-up stores springing up all across Canada (thankfully one is coming to Edmonton) will carry the Lumia 920 unlocked.  That's where my money will go.  Rogers may have just lost another opportunity to lock me in for another three year contract.