Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

Hi all,

I'm starting this topic to bring awareness of how silly the only color available for Rogers is black.

I have a hard time expressing how ridiculous this is on Rogers part to use such a bland color when the Lumia line is most known for colors that stand out!

As a disappointed Lumia 900 owner which only had black the first time around in March I will be passing on the 920 until I see some effort in acquiring more options.

I invite all who share my opinion to please reply to this stating "Rogers, you've lost a Lumia 920 customer until you offer more!"

Speak up people!

****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 920 Color Options Letdown [PETITION]

ya i want at least cyan for sure. kinda irritated at only black....again

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersBuzz @nokiacanada Hey Rogers and Nokia CANADIANS ARE NOT COLOUR BLIND! #Lumia #Colours #Canada

Tweet it as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

gorebashd, you are not the only one. I was expecting at LEAST red to coordinate with Rogers company logo. Obviously I've been let down again

I Plan to Stick Around

It is really sad there are no colour options. I put more of the blame on Rogers. When the Lumia 800 launched on Telus they had all three colours. At least get the cyan or red! Rogers have most likely lost me as customer. I also have friends who have been waiting to get a new phone. Looks like I can push them to get an 8X with Telus or Bell.

I've Been Here Awhile

When I saw that even red was skipped over I just assumed Nokia didn't make enough of every colour to service every market at launch. I bought the black 710 knowing WP8 devices were coming eventually, but I was annoyed then that my only choice was black. Once again having the option of only black is too bitter a pill to swallow. The whole Lumia line (and more so windows phone now with HTC) is trying to differentiate with colour and then we're thrown black. And only black. 

Can someone at Rogers at least tell us that this is just because Nokia didn't make enough colours and not because Rogers is so short sighted and ordered only black phones.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

This petition will go no where i am sad to say. Rogers nor Nokia will do anything. Believe me the same thing happened with the Lumia 900. Rogers released the Cyan months after the original one came out. Rogers will most likely get more colors out AFTER a few months have passed. We have seen this with MANY devices that Rogers carries.

Rogers & Nokia are both to blame tho. They both made the agreement to just black UNLESS its a 6 month exclusive & then Rogers gets the colors in.

No one will ever know. Do not expect Nokia or Rogers to even say anything.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@myleslinklater

Rogers will not comment such things. Those are kept within the company. No company goes out in public & makes statements like this.
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't expect it to go anywhere but getting activity on this board is a good start for attention. I know that Rogers filters through these forums and "selects" what to reply to with "solutions". Either way SOMEONE will read this and that's my goal. Nokia wasn't originally going to make Cyan a color for the 920 until people spoke up.

Am I not crazy? Shouldn't there be more choices?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Even if Rogers reads threw the forums, those are mods. They forward what they feel is needed to the back end team & from there, the back end team will do what is needed. The petition on here will not make them change their mind believe me. They need other ways in order for Rogers management & head office to see we want more colours & such.

Yes people want MORE choices & i fully agree with you on that!. The problem is when aboth companies sign a agreement, they both pick what color & such they want in order to agree to the terms & such. Believe me Rogers & Nokia BOTH dropped the ball but i can guaranty in about 2-4 months after the release of the black Lumia 920, other colors will come along. Same happened with the Lumia 900 when the cyan came out months after.