Lumia 920 $450 off contract AT&T

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ontreg
I'm Here A Lot

Lumia 920 $450 off contract AT&T

AT&T will be offering the Nokia Lumia 920 for $99 on a 2 years (that's right, 24 months) contract and off contract - $450. Also thrown in the AT&T deal is a free wireless charger including 4 colour choices.

Hello Rogers?

****Edited Labels****

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 920 $450 off contract AT&T

Hello ontreg

Rogers is offering the Lumia 920 for $99 on a 3 year deal as well ( not 2 year). All the carriers in the states have 2 year contracts, not 3. This is why you see this. Also it could be Rogers has a deal like that as well with the wireless charger but has yet to announce it. They have not even announced the phone release or even add the Lumia 920 on their site.
JoTs1
I've Been Around

Furthermore, Rogers sold the Lumia 920 (at least the first batch that went out last week) for $678 off-contract. 

Competitively priced? Nope.

Colour options? Nope.

Customer satisfaction? Nope.

Hello Rogers? Wake up!

Sources:

WPCentral Forums, Rogers Lumia 920 $678 (tax included; $600 before) http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-920/200158.htm

The Verge, AT&T Lumia 920 $449.99 (before tax) http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/6/3608488/att-lumia-920-820-htc-8x-pricing-release-date

dvsrydin
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello Meowmix

You are completely missing the point here. $99 on a 2 year is a much better deal than $99 on a 3 year. Instead of just accepting it you'd ask yourself, well if all the states do is 2-years, then their 2 year price would simply be more money. i.e. $149 on 2 year plan.

Regarding the outright price, there is no contest. Which is probably why you chose to not respond to it. If AT&T is in fact $150 cheaper, i'd rather take the 1 and 1/2 hour drive down to North Dakota than fork the cash over to Rogers.

stokd
I Plan to Stick Around

It appears Nokia might appease we unlucky folks who can't seem to find any information about wireless chargers, starting on Nov 16th. Keep checking back, but it looks like we might all be eligible for a free charging plate directly from Nokia.

Nokia offers free wireless charging plate

RWalrond
I Plan to Stick Around

If I didn't already score a 920 at the Microsoft BUILD conference last week, I would definately be heading south of the border to pick up a Cyan Lumia 920.

As I mentioned on another site, "Rogers **bleep** up a Windows Phone Launch isn't news, it's a religion!"

fvenne
I've Been Around

The price is not exactly the same at Roger because it's with a 3 years contract,

BUT you can upgrade you phone after 2 years, if you start a new contrat  🙂

So, the 99$ is the same if you change after 2 years, but you lose money if you kept it more that that!  

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

Say what you will but at least the Rogers version doesn't have a Rogers branding on the front of their device like the AT&T.

3 year contracts are too long...

NapalmFrog
I'm Here A Lot

Well, thank the CRTC for allowing the 3-year contracts, and also thank the telco companies for taking every opportunity to gouge us for money.

Froid
I Plan to Stick Around

Time for a drive across the border. 🙂