cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 900 and Name Display

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

I have Name Display enabled on my account, but since getting my Lumia 900, I'm not seeing any 'names' displayed for incoming calls except if they are people in my Contacts list.  I just see the incoming number (as you would with CallerID)

With my previous WP7 phone, if the company/person wished, their name would display on incoming, rather than just the number.

I've confirmed with the Rogers Customer Svc people that Name Display is enabled for my account. But I'm not seeing the names.  Unfortunately, because of the change to a micro-SIM, I can't plug back into my old phone to compare/contrast.

Anyone else seen this?

***edited labels***

/drt
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Lumia 900 and Name Display

RogersAndrewNP
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello drtolson,

The Lumia 900 currently does not support name display 😞  

Thanks,

@RogersAndrewNP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersAndrewNP
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello drtolson,

The Lumia 900 currently does not support name display 😞  

Thanks,

@RogersAndrewNP

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

Shoot!  Wonder why not??  Oh well, at least that explains the behaviour.  I'm guessing it's probably a firmware issue?

Thanks Andrew.

/drt

soul_
I've Been Around

Same phone, same sim card. Flying through US, and guess what, Name display automagically started working. Its just that Rogers name display system is messed up enough to not support global standards.

My Name display has been working on the Lumia 900 with Rogers SIM in Europe and USA, its just Rogers wants to stand out with their own format of name display which is not recognised as a global standard and they dont put in extra effort to customise it.

Very **bleep**ty support from Rogers on WP7, end of story.

**edited for content**

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation