Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Cmon Rogers .. its April 16th !!!! 😄

I Plan to Stick Around

And it will be April 16 for another 14 hours Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOL

Spoiler

I'm a Trusted Advisor

HAHA so true John:P

Hopfully Rogers releases the update sometime today or else ill be calling in & making a fuss
I Plan to Stick Around

This is all Nokia/Microsoft for the update.   Rogers I don't believe have much to say about it.

I just reached out to @winphonesupport and @nokiacaresus over twitter to see if they have anything to say.

I Plan to Stick Around

According to responses I'm seeing from the US folks, this may also fix the 'lack of 4G' problem some of us have been seeing here in Canada.

I did a few tests though and, at least at my location (Victoria), there was no appreciable data throughput difference between 3G showing up on my Lumia 900 and 4G on my Samsung Focus S.  Interesting...

And even here in downtown Vancouver - I'm only getting 3G, no 4G nor LTE...

/drt
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I would see 4G for a split second then it goes back to 3G. So for now I have it set to just 3G.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Anirask wrote:

This is all Nokia/Microsoft for the update.   Rogers I don't believe have much to say about it.

@ I just reached out to @winphonesupport and @nokiacaresus over twitter to see if they have anything to say.

Not entirely correct, Nokia is making the update, I doubt Microsoft is even involved with this one as it's a device patch on their drivers probably. Rogers is involved as each carrier has specific needs/tweaks for their network. So Nokia has to work with each carrier. Once the update is complete, Rogers will QA it to ensure there isn't any issues for their customer/network. Once they approve it, it will go live and will show up as an available update.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just got this from @windowsphonesupport on Twitter:

"An update for Canadian devices has not been announced. ^EB"

I Plan to Stick Around

Contradictions as expected .. 

This is from Nokia Blog 

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/14/update-your-nokia-lumia-900-now/

Hi Jack. Yes, this update is only for AT&T. We're still working on the update for Rogers. It should just be a few days. 

I Plan to Stick Around

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/04/14/update-your-nokia-lumia-900-now/

Hi Jack. Yes, this update is only for AT&T. We're still working on the update for Rogers. It should just be a few days. 

This is more believable, not sure where the April 16th date came from.....ie,..I'm sure it will be soon but not necessarily today.