cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

Apparently the update is out. I am not able to see it .. I even connected via USB -> Zune -> Update .. No luck .. 

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900-ace/190077-3.htm

******* Edit labels ********

87 REPLIES 87

Re: Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

stevenliu12
I Plan to Stick Around

One day to go!

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@stevenliu12 wrote:

One day to go!

@Hmm .. check the latest @NokiaCanada tweet .. they are trying to teach us English Grammer .. they said "starting April 20th" and ON or Around 20th .. So i gave  my hopes down .. mostly i am going to return the phone and go back to voice plan .. i think it will take atleast 3mths .. i am praying i could be wrong ... 

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

It won't be 3 months, this isn't some kind of upgrade that's nice to have. People are pissed because it's taking longer than it should have. Especially considering AT&T made such an aggressive release for their devices but it's pretty save assumption that the update will be out this coming week.

I wouldn't return it...

My friend bought a AT&T Lumia 900 that got the update... I played with it, it's incredible.

I wouldn't change it for anything. I know Rogers isn't the best... but I want to support the Lumia 900. It's different, and it's so much better. The battery life, screen, software is all better than my old iPhone 4s.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@steven33 wrote:

I wouldn't return it...

My friend bought a AT&T Lumia 900 that got the update... I played with it, it's incredible.

I wouldn't change it for anything. I know Rogers isn't the best... but I want to support the Lumia 900. It's different, and it's so much better. The battery life, screen, software is all better than my old iPhone 4s.

hmm .. true .. just now Skype Gold was released .. pretty tempting now 

http://www.wpcentral.com/skype-windows-phones-goes-gold-and-hits-v10

drtolson
I Plan to Stick Around

...and AT&T only did this because it was a brand new, hyped phone.

I have an unlocked AT&T Samsung Focus S which is STILL waiting for the 8107 patch to fix the disappearing keyboard problem!

Rogers is much better at 'patch support' than AT&T -- that's why I picked up a Rogers Lumia 900 as soon as they came available.

/drt

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Not only because it was brand new & hyped, they did it because many in the states got it compare to us here in Canada.

Actually Rogers is worse on updating any kind of phone. Read threw most of the threads here & you will see many phones have not been even updated to the new versions yet. The States & Europe get updates before we do.

Rogers seems to be taking their time with this. Yes its a big update but really they need to be doing this a bit faster. Hopefully it gets sent out to us soon.

mii
I Plan to Stick Around

For whats it worth we weren't running the same firmware as the AT&T release; secondly, who knows, maybe they identified other issues and have attempted to fix them in a patch as well...

Or Rogers is just being Rogers..sigh

I've had my phone DOA'ed anyways; just waiting for new stock to come in 😕 

The phone itself though is fantastic otherwise.

stevenliu12
I Plan to Stick Around

called rogers tech this morning,was told new patch is supposed to come out today,wait untill midnight or check via zune.

they are playing games.

John555
I Plan to Stick Around

@mii wrote:

For whats it worth we weren't running the same firmware as the AT&T release; secondly, who knows, maybe they identified other issues and have attempted to fix them in a patch as well...

That is a good point, could be Rogers is slow but also that  there is more to the Rogers fix or they are implementing a few more fixes that will eventually go to AT&T as well. Either way, it's been long enough, they better get it out soon!

stevenliu12
I Plan to Stick Around

anyone lucky by now?

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, but I've been lucky in the sense that I have'nt been hit by the bug.

mishanctrl
I Plan to Stick Around

update is live.

Anirask
I Plan to Stick Around

Zune just served me the update as well.   Updating my phone now.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@Anirask wrote:

Zune just served me the update as well.   Updating my phone now.

My Lord .. Finally .. Guys keep posted on the issues after update .. may be a new thread is good .. 

I also got a txt message saying text message time stamp issue is fixed as well !!!! 

mii
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a sneaking suspicision there was more to this issue that they let on.

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

Updating now as well. Also got the timestamp text message.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around
Please post the full version/firmware etc ect .. so we can see where does this update took us too ..

mii
I Plan to Stick Around

OS Version: 7.10.8107.79

Firmware revision number: 2175.1002.8107.12084

Hardware Revision number 112.1914.2.0

Radio Software version: 2.1.75.10

Still have purplish keyboard issue - from what i'm seeing this is common across the board now for pretty much all nokia owners; post's ive seen where people say they "do not" have the problem have auto brightness enabled which is not the way to check for the problem. You must put the phone is auto mode off and set the brightness to low. 

Data issues seem to be fixed, phone also seems to be more responsive. Otherwise to early to tell.

SCHUEY
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, the phone does seem to be a bit more responsive.

Good that the update is finally out.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around
Can you try MMS or Visual Voicemail ? Sorry i am still at work and cant update until i reach home ..
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats