Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Apparently the update is out. I am not able to see it .. I even connected via USB -> Zune -> Update .. No luck .. 

http://forums.wpcentral.com/lumia-900-ace/190077-3.htm

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 900 OS - Anyone seeing the New update ?

Zune just served me the update as well.   Updating my phone now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope no update 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Windows Phone updates tend to go out in waves, normally per carrier and device.  

AT&T got deployed tonight.  I suspect Rogers will get it shortly if the hardware is identical to the US version, in a few days if there are differences.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

The updates will come out sometime during the weekend. Hopefully Rogers just releases the update as fast as possible to us.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

High Level, updates were like this

1. Microsoft releases an update and sends it to manufacture

2. Manufacture configures their own device specific software/drivers/firmware updates/OEM updates

3. Carrier tests and validates certifies update as good

In this case we are starting at number 2, the lag between carriers when it comes to updates depends on how long it takes a manufacture or carrier to do their parts. Also keep in mind that even though it's the same update, each carrier has their own software/configuration so they are not all the same and sometimes it can take longer for one carrier to get an update out over another.

From experience with the Samsung Focus, so far Rogers has been good with the speed of the WP7 updates. They are usually pretty good at hitting their target dates, if they said April 16, we can hope it will get released earlier but they may stick to that date to ensure everything is good.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hope it doesnt end like BB OS 7.1 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would be with you if it was not a *critical* bug. They should have released Friday evening like AT&T.

Concerning Rogers and Windows Phone, the releases of updates were better than AT&T but I think it's only because they don't care. For me the next few months would be critical to see if they support Windows Phone : release of updates timley and more importantly the support of Visual VoiceMail.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Speaking to a Rogers rep they told me that they know about the update & they are working around the clock to fix it & sent it out to us. Hopefully like i said soon enough the will send out the updates.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

From Nokia's blog (posted yesterday by Jeppe from Nokia)

"Yes, this update is only for AT&T. We're still working on the update for Rogers. It should just be a few days."

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

matthieugd wrote:

I would be with you if it was not a *critical* bug. They should have released Friday evening like AT&T.

Concerning Rogers and Windows Phone, the releases of updates were better than AT&T but I think it's only because they don't care. For me the next few months would be critical to see if they support Windows Phone : release of updates timley and more importantly the support of Visual VoiceMail.

It’s a sad truth but I can firmly say this bug is present on all Rogers phones... its the matter of reproducing it .. In this scenario, you have to go to an LTE area, ( or 4G) turn the wifi off and continuously use the phone. i did this today and i can reproduce this on my rogers lumia 900 again. i took my friend and showed him all the features and all my apps as below

- Facebook

- sab watch

- Torrent buddy

- Nokia Maps

- Nokia Drive

- Twitter 

- IE

- Weather

- Flixster

- IMDB

- Market Place

- etcetc  ( Very addictive )

So anything that involves the Radio

So continues use of phone via LTE for like 40min and suddenly i saw the issue. Tricky part is it’s a silent issue means the indicator will sill show LTE/4G but you won’t able to get the connection. issue will vanish is few mins to few hours depend on the next cycle 'garbage collection' ( in Java, C++ ) or the similar operation of the Radio firmware software to clean up the memory. Looks like there is a leak. 

Good news is its bit hard to reproduce but once its there it’s a pain. Hard reboot ( vol up + power + cam for 10sec)  may fix it or sometimes you need to re-inject the sim.