cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumia 900 O/S 8779 Clarification

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

Can someone please clarify this, is there in fact an O/S update bringing the Lumia 900 on Rogers to ....8779... Instead of ...8773...?

I have read some posters stating their O/S is 8779.

I know the latest F/W is ....8779.12224.

Do other Rogers Lumia 900 users have flip to silence? I just did a hard rest and still only have O/S ...8773... And F/W ...8779.12224. I have also read on MS WP version history the latest O/S is ....8773...

Please someone clarify.

Thanks.

****Edited Labels****

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Lumia 900 O/S 8779 Clarification

jptbay
I Plan to Stick Around

The 8779 OS update has never yet been released by Rogers, despite the fact that if you now go buy a new phone from Rogers, it has been reported that this is the OS that now ships on new phones from Nokia.

Many people have updated themselves using the Nokia Car Suite.

Info is in this thread starting at post #95 http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/WindowsPhone/thread-id/879/page/...

I have yet to see any Mod of this forum explain WTF is Roger's problem with green lighting this OS update. Seems like Rogers just does not care.

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

8779 is a fix for regions that recently got the Marketplace. Whether you're on 8773 or 8779, consider yourself up-to-date, especially in Canada.

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok thanks for the responses. What about the flip to silence? Is that part of 8779 when it gets to us?

Entegy
I Plan to Stick Around

Since that is a Nokia specific update, that will be between Rogers and Nokia.

RealtorTechGuy
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, thank you to all for your responses.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation