Lumia 900 Camera Quality...a big "let down"

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lumia 900 Camera Quality...a big "let down"

i bought 2 Lumia 900's 2 weeks ago, and mind you, i bought it outright, well, to continue on, i decided to move on to the Windows platform since i got tired of waiting for any updates for my N8....well, i was happy with the way Microsoft rolled out the updates, that fixed most of the issues, but the thing is, the latest update, which is 8779, was released in Canada... ( you can click on this link and it will lead you to Nokia-Canada site.. http://www.nokia.com/ca-en/support/product/lumia900/ ) but when i tried to update my phone, the update was not available. People who have the purple hue issue, and some who are not happy with the camera , said that this update fixed the issue... honestly...i still think that the N8's camera is the best....the quality of the lumia 900's camera is ........., i think a vga camera is better...well, the bottom line is, i wish Rogers will "allow" this update to push through so that we can see some improvement on the camera..(which is what people who have updated claims).... 8 megapixel Carl Zeiss Optics with Dual Flash....more like a toy camera to me.

*****Edited Labels****

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lumia 900 Camera Quality...a big "let down"

Hi bell,

A release just went out so it should be available. I've applied it and the camera is significantly better and some of the other issues have been addressed. What OS Version and Firmware revision number are you showing on your phone?

Note that there is some debate about the update on another thread here, as the OS Version Rogers pushed is 7.10.8773.98. It appears to break Internet Connection Sharing on some (all?) devices with this particular OS version. So if this feature is important to you... weigh that possibilty against a better camera.

There is actually a more recent version of the OS (7.10.8779.8) that non-Rogers customers seem to have. Some (but not all) people with it on this forum have said that connection sharing is fine.

I Plan to Stick Around

i was able to update via Nokia Care Suite, i now have the 8779 version, and it did improved the quality of the pictures taken by the camera. the details on where and how to download and use Nokia Care Suite is available on  another thread...i think...or you can PM me and i will gladly send you the links. on a side note, i was able to use NCS to flash my N8 to Symbian Belle. Cheers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Point and shoot wise camera is terrible but if you manually adjust the settings and tap aim it can take great pictures. Case in point is the photo contest on WP central