Lumia 520 reception/signal issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lumia 520 reception/signal issue

I have an unlocked Lumia 520 that I recently brought over.  I've had some reception/signal issues around my house, ever since I ported over a week ago.  Tons of failed and dropped calls.  I will max out at 3 bars, however, it's generally hovering around 1-to-2 bars consistently.  When I was on the 'other company's network', I had no issues with reception at all.  Bars were full, no calls dropped or failed.

Because the 520 is not an LTE device, would it be possible that the LTE sim card I was given is causing some of these problems? Would getting an older sim card help?

My brother (living in the same household), who has a BB Q10, doesn't seem to have the issues I've been having.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lumia 520 reception/signal issue

Hello Richie45

Even if you have a LTE sim card, that should not be a issue. All its doing is that it gives u LTE if u have a LTE device. It should still work fine with 4G and 3G phones.

If you want, get a normal sim card and activate it. Pop it in and see what happens. If it works, it means the sim card was the problem. If it does the same thing, it means the phone has problems picking up the Rogers signals.
I Plan to Stick Around

What variant of the 520 do you have? Check it's RM-XXX model number in Settings>extras+info.

I've Been Here Awhile

I also have a 520 with issues.  In my case it is that I can hear the party I am calling but they cannot hear me.  If I move a couple of feet - the problem goes away.   My RM number is  RM-917_nam_usa_100

I Plan to Stick Around

I am having exactly the same problem with two 920 phones and a 1020.

It all started about 2~3 months ago.

As soon as I move away from my house I have no problem. It all seemed to start around the time that Rogers announced that LTE was "live" in my area.