Loyalty discounts on new hardware?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Loyalty discounts on new hardware?

An existing customer pays the same for new hardware as a new one? Really.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Loyalty discounts on new hardware?

Hello H2013

This already has been discussed on the Idea Box & it came up many times.

New customers & existing customers pay the same thing for new devices BUT existing customers can get discounts on their plans / get something more then new customers. Device prices are set by the carriers & manufactures. Lets take the iPhone for example. Apple sets the prices for the iPhones. Rogers has no choice but to keep those prices for everyone unless Apple tells the carriers to change the prices. For other devices, they are the same as well.

New customers pay for the device upfront when signing a new contract VS existing customers have a month to pay it off as it gets billed to the next invoice.In the end, seeing as you are a existing customer, you can always call in & have them give you a discount or a credit on your plan if you wish. Everyone has to pay the same price for the device tho. This is the same thing with every carrier in the world.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersMargaret
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi H2013,

Further to Meowmix's reply, there are a few ideas in Idea Box about customer loyalty. For example, check out this idea: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/ideas/ideapage/blog-id/RogersIdeaBox/article-id/138

And here's the direct link to Idea Box: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/Ideas

Feel free to post your own idea and vote or comment on existing ideas!

Thanks!
I'm Here A Lot

K thanks. When I called this morning I just couldn't believe I was to pay the same price as a new customer.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello H2013

All carriers have this. All carriers make both existing and new customers pay the same price for the hardware. The only option you have is just calling into Rogers retentions and see if they can offer u a special discount or a credit on your account. That is the good thing about being a existing customer vs new customer. You get a deal like that. Hardware pricing is still the same.
I've Been Here Awhile

Mmmm....the "loyalty" discount needs to be significant.

I can get a the same "loyalty" price as a new customer at Bell.

Sorry Rogers - you fall flat on this.  Don't believe me?  Go ahead - price out a new Samsung tablet and data plan.  12 years with Rogers means nothing as the same pricing available if I switch. 

Even accounting for the multiple services discounting.

Pricing changes quickly - and getting out of your Rogers contract is really easy if you argue "contract frustration". 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello PGCRomslayer

Although i agree with u, the fact is Bell does the same thing. They all have the same rule basically. It seems to be one huge thing within the carriers. Also that does not work anymore. In order to call in and cancel due to " contract frustration" you need a lot of proof, not just prices. Many have done it and failed