Lost my reciept and box for my Nokia Lumia 920!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lost my reciept and box for my Nokia Lumia 920!

I've bought a Nokia Lumia 920 straight out of Rogers paying full price, I'm not with any Rogers Plan. While in the mall, I don't know how but I stupidly lost the bag with the box and reciept in it. Now, I need a proof of purchase, is it possible to get it from Rogers? Like print out another reciept or any proof of purchase? Because they did ask me for my ID and scanned in the bar code. Is there some kind of PIN or code in the phone that is unique to the phone that is stored in Roger's database where I bought it?

for lumia users, is there anyway to retrieve the product code or serial number straight from the phone, when i look in the About, ther's MAC adress, MDN and IMEI.

Any help would be great!

Thank you!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Lost my reciept and box for my Nokia Lumia 920!

While i am not familiar with that phone.. IF it had a removeable battery on it, try removing the battery, often the SN, etc are stored there on phones that you can remove the battery.

I beleive the rogers store, the one you got it from, should be able to retreive some form of recepit./ you would have to go back and ask.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 72dew

What do you mean you need a proof of purchase? Are you trying to return it back? or are you trying to sell it & need to show the receipt? Also the store will NOT print out another receipt for you like GDkitty said... Even tho they can scan the S/N & see that you bought the phone, they will not print out a receipt unless its something to do with that store..
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you Gdkitty. I will go back and ask.

Meowmix, sadly the phone I bought is a defective unit. I bought it for a family friend of mine and she asked for a proof of purchase. So I'm assuming she wants to use the Nokia warranty, not really sure. She said any form of proof of purchase would do. I would've go to the Rogers store and ask them directly but it's a bit of a trip for me to the nearest Rogers.

thank you very much for the advice, both cats 🙂
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 72dew

all you need to do is have her add the IMEI number into her Rogers account ( if she is with Rogers). If she is NOT with Rogers & need to do the warranty threw Nokia, then yes you need to have the POP. Try to see IF the store Manager can do it for you. Just say that the receipt was lost. IF you tell them the box & the receipt was lost, they most likely will not give it to you as they can claim you just want a receipt.

You are welcome 🙂
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you so much for your advice, meowmix! I'll do that and see what happens. Thanks so much.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

corp stores can "reprint" the sales transaction, and can look up the imei and find the receipt in the computer

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

Correct BUT i tried doing this at a few corporate stores, only 2 out of 7 of them did it. Most of them would not do it as they said even if the IMEI number is on my account, the phone could be stolen & me trying to get a receipt to sell the device or claim warranty.

It seems a few corporate stores have their own ways to deal with this. Most of the that declined me where downtown Toronto including the one underneath the Rogers tower.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

May varry from store to store.. LESS likely to allow it in the one, where there may be more theft/bad stuff being done vs a quiet area.

While i agree that by just the IMEI number, could be a person trying to get it with a stolen phone... wouldnt they have record of WHAT The account it is under?  Therefore a name/address... provide them your drivers licence.. they can confirm its you?

In the end.. worth a try, worse case is they say no 🙂