Lost emails

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reezer
I've Been Here Awhile

Lost emails

I used thunderbird for my email client for my rogers email address. However, my computer hard drive died and I lost all

the emails. Does Rogers keep a log of all my emails that I could request. There are some important ones that I would like to get back.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Lost emails

Hi reezer,

Thunderbird is a program that is "local" to your PC. This means that e-mails, contacts, calendars, etc. that you have stored in it are only available on that computer. If you had not configured Thunderbird to leave a copy of the e-mails on the server, once they are downloaded to that program, they are removed from the server. You can check if your e-mails are still on the Rogers mail server by signing into webmail at http://mail.rogers.com with your e-mail address and password.

If your e-mails are there, all you need to do is set up your e-mail in Thunderbird again and it should download all of the e-mails you have on the server. If there is no e-mail on webmail, unfortunately, you would not be able to recover those e-mails.

RR

View solution in original post

All Replies
RogersReggie
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Lost emails

Hi reezer,

Thunderbird is a program that is "local" to your PC. This means that e-mails, contacts, calendars, etc. that you have stored in it are only available on that computer. If you had not configured Thunderbird to leave a copy of the e-mails on the server, once they are downloaded to that program, they are removed from the server. You can check if your e-mails are still on the Rogers mail server by signing into webmail at http://mail.rogers.com with your e-mail address and password.

If your e-mails are there, all you need to do is set up your e-mail in Thunderbird again and it should download all of the e-mails you have on the server. If there is no e-mail on webmail, unfortunately, you would not be able to recover those e-mails.

RR

View solution in original post