Lost Swype Keyboard when updating Galaxy S2 LTE to Jelly Bean

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Lost Swype Keyboard when updating Galaxy S2 LTE to Jelly Bean

I've just updated my S2 to Jelly Bean and my Swype keyboard has totally disappeared. Its not even given as an option in my settings anymore.

It's the only way I type on my phone! Does anyone know how to get it back??

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lost Swype Keyboard when updating Galaxy S2 LTE to Jelly Bean

Hello mnbv

Does it show up under the installed applications in Google Play? You may need to reinstall it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Swype is not in the Google Play store.

You can download it from their site here: http://beta.swype.com/

I'm Here A Lot

Thanks All. Yep it was totally gone not  under applications anymore, which is a shame since the Swype keyboard came pre-installed on the phone and wasn't an app I had to add myself.

I have however now dowloaded the Swype beta so I've got that working. But its still a pain as all the updates to my dictionary that have been made over the last year with the original swype are gone. 

Did anyone else lose their swype when they upgraded to Jelly Bean? Or did they lose any other features I just haven't discovered yet (I just did the upgrade before going to bed last night so I haven't had a chance to fully check things out yet).

I've Been Here Awhile

Swype wants you to sign away your privacy rights to use their service. In their terms they say that they save all of your voice calls and texts and will hand them over if they are required to. Anything you ever say on your phone, joking or not, could be used against you if you are acused or implicated in any crime. Or heaven forbid you disagree with any government agenda or policy! I.e. scientists , child rights advocates, and environmentalist are being spied on and/or are now classified as terrorists. I don't like that I have to give up rights to type faster .
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

There exists on the stock keyboard aka "Samsung Keyboard" a swype like option called "continuous input", however it is not as accurate as Swype was. I can see someone getting sued?

Also available is the handwriting option, which isn't working great for my writing yet.

I've Been Here Awhile

My GALAXY S2 JellyBean update impaired my radio and made Swype inaccurate. ROM.