Lost 20% of my Recorded programs between Saturday night & Sunday afternoon!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lost 20% of my Recorded programs between Saturday night & Sunday afternoon!

What is the latest firmware # (please post it in it's entirety)

I don't think a failed install of firmware is the cause of the loss of recordings since it has happened twice before the last incident in early May.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Current version is 5.1.1.0105

Been at least a month or two wince the last firmware update...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, that's the one that i have - so i don't know what is trying to load everytime the box reboots.  Goes from showing 'boot' on display to -00-, -01-,-02-,-04-,-05- then 'load'.  Box comes up OK, but what happened in the sequence to -03-??

"Strange days indeed - most peculiar momma!"

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

New programming has been uploaded to my PVRs as the menu now shows other PVRs in the house. While this was happening almost all of my PVR recordings disappeared with just a few weird ones remaining. After giving up on the phone and a long wait with Rogers Chat they said I must have deleted them myself as they cannot access them, and "unfortunately they cannot be recovered". I am pretty furious.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Sorry for a delayed reply here..

Let me get this right.. You have more than one PVR in the house already?

And some recordings are missing, etc?

Do/Did you ever have whole home PVR set up on them?  (do the front of the boxes have the little house icon on them).

I wonder if someone on the other PVR may be seeing and deleting them, etc.
OTHER option.. is if the whole home software have been installed.. and your house doesnt have the filter..
It could be seeing OUTSIDE, and same thing someone else seeing inside your house and removing them?
(have had 1-2 cases of that show up here before)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, there are 4 PVRs in the house and 3 have been affected. I now see the little house on the PVR but didn't/don't know anything about that.  All of a sudden the recordings from the newest PVR started showing on 2 of the others, then they were all doing strange things, then a new menu starting showing with the other PVRs and the recordings were gone.  I also noticed that shows were being recorded that we know nothing about.  We have no filter, don't know how it all got started.  What can I do?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Smythe If you see the 'little house' on the PVR it means it's part of a Whole Home system. When Rogers sets these up, they install a MoCA filter to isolate the system to just your home so nobody else in your neighbourhood can access your system and view, change and delete stuff. This is what @Gdkitty was referring to.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, definately sounds like the whole home software was installed.. and without the filter is where part of the issue comes in.

Let alone one person in the house seeing the others (and thinking something is a miss and deleting them)...

If there is anyone else in the nearby region.. who is in the SAME situation.. they will see YOURS on their PVR.. and they could delete, etc thinking theirs is screwed up.

If you do not have the whole home setup.. you would be best to call into rogers.. and have them REMOVE the software.

ONLY caveat i would say on that.. there is always the chance of it maybe wiping EVERYTHING when removing the software.

One better bet, might be to get them to come out and put the filter, etc in.  NORMALLY this is a chargable call.. but i would then fight for it to be free of charge.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you look where the external cable enters the home you might see one of the following MoCa Point of Entry filters or Amplifiers:

http://www.antronix.com/antronix-Products-Satellite.php

http://www.antronix.com/antronix-Products-Residential-Amplifier-MoCA.php

You should see the MoCa designation on either one if you have it installed.  There is always the chance that the filter might be installed externally, which would require a tech to check out.  If you have either one installed, that you can readily identify, that should resolve the possibility that someone else outside of your home is deleting your recorded programs.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Turns out that when we got our Rogers phone a week or so ago the installer added the whole home without telling anyone.  I guess he forgot the filter.  I have arranged to have the whole home removed.  Thank you so much for enlightening me.