Loss of sound on certain channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Loss of sound on certain channels

For some reason I have lost sound on certain channels on my television. It was working fine then all of a sudden sound on cp24, citytv and I think ctv or some other channel. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Does is have to do with getting the digital cable box perhaps? Thanks in advance!

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Loss of sound on certain channels

Has it worked since you got the cable box ok? or has it always been that way since you got it?

Have you rebooted the box?

After rebooting, if it does not fix it, it might be worth a call to tech.  Did you have a technician install it? or just picked one up and did yourself?
Many of the newer digital boxes, are a lot mroe prone to problems from weak signals.. its possible this could be causeing your problem.
A tech to come out, could take a look, and adjust stuff as necessary.

I've Been Around

HI,

I have the same issue...it is happening on the tv that is not on a rogers box, it is connected directly to the wall....

any ideas.. i hope someone from rogers will let us know what is happening...

I'm a Senior Advisor

I know CTV has been having issues with some equipment in Toronto which has also affected CTV ottawa news.. (pretty much the sound cuts in and out.. I have not noticed issues during the olympic coverage though.