Losing channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Losing channels

So how is it that rogers is removing channels form the tiers yet they prices stay the same or go up even though they are giving us less?

Is it time to switch providers

***Edited labels***

Rogers Employee GRtechJason
Rogers Employee

Re: Losing channels

No the government is enforcing analog conversion to digital frequencies, therefore analog frequencies are being removed and converted into digital frequencies. Call Rogers and they will send you digital adapters free (no monthly or upfront costs for the box) and all channels work on the digital frequencies no longer the analog ones. It's very very comparable to the old Jerrold boxes from 20 years ago.
I'm a Regular

That's not what I'm talking about it's not the switch from analog to digital it's the fact that channels that were on the VIP package all of a sudden no longer come in they instead give a message telling you to subscribe
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mike017

Which box and cable tier do you have? I saw in other post about VIP package but not sure if that is what u have. Also what channels are missing? I have VIP package and see nothing missing
Rogers Employee

My mistake, and yes more specifics would probably lead to more accurate answers
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello mike017

I posted fast and did not see your second post. Have you tried rebooting to box or contacting Rogers to see if there is a reason being? Or did u already try those and they told u they aren't on the package anymore?

Also which channels are these
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Last channels i remember being removed.. were spike and BBC, quite a while ago.

Rogers Employee

Spike is actually like 271 or something now, they removed it from the 1-100 lineup but it's way up in the digital spectrum still.bbc should be there too somewhere. Check Rogers.com/channels I think, but once it's removed from the analog lineup they usually change it way up to free up that analog frequency for converting to digital
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those two were actually removed from the VIP lineup and are now in other pay packages

I'm a Senior Advisor

BBC World News was part of the VIP package. Then Rogers realigned some channels, including BBCWN, kicking it out of VIP. (Conspiracy Theory: the CRTC only wants the greater public to get a certain slant on the news, hence Sun News is no longer on Basic Cable.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation