cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking For Descriptions on Bill Fees

jnicoll50
I'm Here A Lot

Hello,

On my rogers bill I have a whole bunch of fees that I don't understand. I was wondering if you could explain what they are and tell me if they are required fees or something I can have removed/credited.

Cable TV-

Movie Entertainment Magazine: $2.00

Digital Services Fee: $2.99

CRTC LPIF Fee: $1.05

Home Phone-

System Access Fee: $5.95

Cell Phone-

Government Regulatory Recovery Fee: $2.13

****Edited Labels****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Looking For Descriptions on Bill Fees

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont know all, but i can help with some.

Movie entertainment Magazine

This is a magazine that they mail to your house, has upcomming TMN, etc movies listed in it, etc.  Not necessary at all, call them, and they will take it off and you will stop receiving them.

The digital services fee, everyone pays this.

The CRTC LPIF.. i dont have myself on my bill.. but i did look it up.  Its a programming improvement fee, from the CRTC.  Now, this may be region specific? (IE one province doesnt have it while another does?).  You may have to call and inquire on this one.

Home Phone - System Access Fee

Much like cell phones, this USED to be a seperate charge.. but most new plans its all incuded.  Likely you have had home phone for a while?  Give them a call, have them compare your current plan, to the plans now available... and they can switch it over to one of the new ones, and no more system access fee (may be close to the same combined amount, maybe a few $ less)

Cell - Government Regulatory Recovery Fee

Again, this is something i dont have.. but may varry from region to region.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=NEW_GCT&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&temp...

That link explains it a bit.. pretty much these are fee's in some areas that may be imposed by the province (like the last one in newfoundland), or crtc, that are then passed on to the consumer to pay.

While you may not be able to get RID of all of them 😞 I hope this helps you understand at least what they are

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Looking For Descriptions on Bill Fees

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont know all, but i can help with some.

Movie entertainment Magazine

This is a magazine that they mail to your house, has upcomming TMN, etc movies listed in it, etc.  Not necessary at all, call them, and they will take it off and you will stop receiving them.

The digital services fee, everyone pays this.

The CRTC LPIF.. i dont have myself on my bill.. but i did look it up.  Its a programming improvement fee, from the CRTC.  Now, this may be region specific? (IE one province doesnt have it while another does?).  You may have to call and inquire on this one.

Home Phone - System Access Fee

Much like cell phones, this USED to be a seperate charge.. but most new plans its all incuded.  Likely you have had home phone for a while?  Give them a call, have them compare your current plan, to the plans now available... and they can switch it over to one of the new ones, and no more system access fee (may be close to the same combined amount, maybe a few $ less)

Cell - Government Regulatory Recovery Fee

Again, this is something i dont have.. but may varry from region to region.
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=NEW_GCT&_nfls=true&setLanguage=en&temp...

That link explains it a bit.. pretty much these are fee's in some areas that may be imposed by the province (like the last one in newfoundland), or crtc, that are then passed on to the consumer to pay.

While you may not be able to get RID of all of them 😞 I hope this helps you understand at least what they are

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation