Long Distance Charges

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Long Distance Charges

Ive been calling 1 of my family memebrs who lives in Niagara Falls and i called 2 times but no answer.. But later on they did answer.. but anyways I looked at my Long Distance usage and it shows i used 2 mins when they never answered the phone.. Does that still count? As it did go to voicemail both times is that why? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Long Distance Charges

Hello Hockey821

You fully just said " But later on they did answer."..... Yes it still counts if they picked up like you claimed they did. If no one picked up, it should not count. NOW if you called a long distance number ( a company or a friend) & you talked for a few minutes i would count.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if the answering machine answers your call your call is considered "connected" and thus chargable, its always been like this, even from back in the pay phone days.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree with pauly here.

IF it did go to the answering machine (weither a LOCAL answering machine on a phone at the house, or a 'service' like rogers answering machine), it considers the call CONNECTED and will start charging you LD.

If you dont plan on leaving a message, or want to avoid those charges, always make sure to hang up usualy before the end of the 4th ring, where it normaly will go to the answering machine after that.

I've Been Here Awhile

I thought for a LD phone call there's a "grace period" of say the first 30 seconds or so, so if the call is picked up by an answering machine then it isn't charged as long distance. I suppose it's different now because it's classified as "voice mail"!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Bernermum

Sadly that is gone. That us IF the voicemail does not come up. If the voicemail comes up, it counts as LD.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok.. Yes i let it go to Voicemail Lol... But hung up before it said after the beep... So i guess i got charged.. 

I know alot about roaming but not long distance... Funny Eh? Lol

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hockey821

Always when calling LD & leaving a Voicemail or hearing the voicemail, you will be charged as its connected.

Yea i was just about to say that lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok Thanks.. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

there never was a graice period on rogers, nor was their one on the landline companies such as bell or telus or etc.