Lollipop for Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lollipop for Note 3?

Hello @Randyis

Unfortunately there is no other way to get it unless you root your device & then get it that way. I would just suggest either waiting for it or doing a factory reset & see if that will get it. Back everything up on Kies though.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

My Note 3 was upgraded to Android 5.0 Lolliopop a while ago and Lync 2013 will no longer connect to corporate server.

My other phone and tablet with older Kit Kat Android still connect fine.

I have cleared cache, done hard factory reset but to no avail.

I have seen the same issue on countless forums online.

Does anyone have a solution or an idea of when a patch will be available to fix connectivity issue?

Or can Rogers return my phone to the older Android system so that I can use the Lync features which are necessary for my daily work?

Thank You.

Don

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dtessier

Unfortunately Rogers can't change the OS to the older one. You would need to contact Lync to see if they do support the new update and if they are planning on releasing a update for it. Remember it's not just Rogers or they manufacture it's also the app or programmer that needs to update their things.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I understand the issues and will work with our Austrian parent company's IM/IT group to see what we can figure out.

Thank You for the fast response!

Great forum.

All the best,

Don

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dtessier

Hopefully all works out! Your are welcome 🙂