Lollipop for Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Lollipop for Note 3?

My note3 lost baseband and couldn't make or receive any phonecall since updated to lollipop yesterday. I called rogers tech support this morning and got an answer to do a factory reset by Kies. The guy told me because my note 3 is out of warrenty so if the factory reset doesn't work I have to pay for repairing of the phone. So sad!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @3x7

Sadly i see where your point it but every carrier & manufactere is like this. Once the phone is out of warranty, they won't fix it for free.

You can contact one of the mods on here & see what they can do for you. Hopefully they can see if there is a way to help you:)
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you Meowmix.

I figured it out  by myself as nothing help with the support from Rogers Tech. I downloaded the newest software Smart Switch from Samsung website and reflashed my phone and it worked finally. Because the software didn't recognize my phone when it was pluged in usb port but Windows did (so weird, I guess System UI stopped as error message said), I could only copy my pictures, s notes, musics back to my PC, other than that were lost.

So what I paid for a Rogers pushed update: two days no phone calls, all settings and apps lost, and Rogers still charged me at mean time.

I don't know how many Notes 3 users got same or similar issue and how many people could fixed it by themself, but the only thing I know was that a poor tech. support (I don't receive any follow up to my case from Rogers Support so far) would send those customers to the other Carrier.

I've Been Here Awhile

It's an extremely frustrating trend Rogers has.  After a year or more they refuse to offer any software support or upgrades to their devices; forcing me to either leave it as it is, or root it and update it myself with CFW.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Silvercloak

They have pushed out the update for the Note 3. I do not get what your comment is about.. Also its not only up to Rogers. People always blame the Rogers but never think that its also the manufactore doing it as well. They don't upgrade older devices so customers can get their newer flagships.
I've Been Here Awhile

Unless I'm reading this wrong http://communityforums.rogers.com/html/assets/OSUpgrade.html

It's still on KitKat, and I refuse to update my phone until I know for SURE they're pushing Lollipop.  If I get kitkat jammed into my phone I WILL root it and replace it's firmware.

As for your other comment, I had the Atrix and the Razr HD.  The Atrix wasn't a rogers phone so they can get a pass on that, but the Razr HD NEVER Got an update in the entire time I had it.  Even though other networks throughout north america were pushing updates for it - Rogers never did.  Not sure what's up with that...

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Wait! What? the update for lollipop has been out for 19d 9h 46m 49s ago according to http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=SM-N900W8 which is about right!

I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah, sorry that was my error.  After replying to this on Friday i discovered I was wrong... then it took me 4 hours of downloading each subsequent update and the FINAL 1gb massive (1hr and half long download) update to get my phone to lollipop.

I'm happy to say it all went off without a hitch and I only had to suffer KitKat for that brief period of time.

Silvercloak

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Silvercloak

Glad you are enjoying your update!
I've Been Here Awhile

I am yet to get my update. When I called Tech support I was told to tru Kies. I installed Kies on my MAC and still no Lollipop....Any advice on how to get this update.