Lollipop for Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lollipop for Note 3?

Hello tbud

Yeah if alot of users are downloading it at once and the server is also bring flooded with others it will do that
tomuchankun
I've Been Here Awhile

Got the update this morning and surprised (not really) that it was only for 5.0 and not 5.0.2. The change they made on the update page indicates that this update was never intended to be 5.0.2.

That's disappointing because they released this update last out of the major providers. At least if it was 5.0.2 it would justify why they were late but to release the same update that everyone else did a week late just means they are not keeping up with the competition.
604otter
I'm Here A Lot

I'm just happy my GPS works now.

Try downloading kies - often updates can be done in minutes and the latest update will be there vs. Whatever they are releasing OTA.

I haven't checked if the 5.0.2 is on there yet. If someone else knows please let us all know!
FishCatBird
I've Been Around

I'm in British Columbia.  Still no lollipop upgrade via OTA or Kies.  I've never rooted and running stock.  Running KitKat 4.4.2.  Still rolling out I guess? 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FishCatBird

It should still be rolling out as i haven't heard anything of it stopping.
ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Essentially, I never got the notice for the update, I manually checked for updates and it came through.

So try and see if you can "Check for Updates" Manually. Because I never got a notice for the update on the Note 3 but It updated once i manually checked.

My Brother's GS5 got notice and auto-updated.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello everyone!

The update seems to be rolling out but you would need to manually check on your settings - about - software update. It will tell I there. Sometimes not eveyone will get it at the same time.

@ShackTib

Yeah that is correct.
shubado
I've Been Here Awhile

Woke up this morning to a notice asking me when I wanted to update to Lollipop.  I didn't have a busy moring and my battery was at 100% so a thought , "right now works." 3 hours later it was still stuck on the boot screen, so phoned tech support at Rogers and the agent talked me throught the process of reseting to factory settings. However my phone is still stuck on the boot screen. Then he told me I am basicly out  of luck and I guess I need a new phone. Too bad, so sad.  My phone is not rooted and I have only ever installed apps from the play store because I need a working phone more than anything. Now, due to a recomended update from Rogers/Samsung a working phone is what I don't have. What I do have is a $500 paper weight and a deep seated resenment towards Rogers. The tech guy was right though; I do need to go to get a new phone... From Telus. Awsome. 

***Edited Labels***

RogersMaude

Good evening @shubado ,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Forums!

We are truly sorry about the problems you have been experiencing with your device.

I am surprised that our technical support team did not provide you with further assistance.

We surely do not want you to switch service provider due to this situation.

Do you know if the phone is still under warranty? 

We would like to help you in regards to this situation, if it has not yet been resolved. Please, let us know if you still need help. I'll have our @CommunityHelps  team reach out to you, so we can assist with this.

RogersMaude

madamchevalier
I've Been Around

This update damaged my note 3. Nothing works right. I hate everything about it: color, motion of anything on the screen; both give me headaches. Everything is freezing every 10 min the gps keeps blinking uncontrollably and and turns on on it own- voodoo! The pen button is useless, doesn't work whatsoever. Even the language system is damaged: spelling is slow and poorly working. The battery dies in few hs doesn't matter what I have tried to do.
NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THIS UPGRADE. I have to find a way to get back the old version. I don't understand this people: u make something new to better the old, and give u more. This is opposite!