Lollipop for Note 3?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lollipop for Note 3 ?

Hello Alph

It means Rogers will follow suit and release it tonight or tomorrow. It does NOT mean Bell has better developers or better service. Remember most OEM'S have a agreement with carriers on who releases the updates first and the rest follow. All carriers don't release the updates at the same time.  Only Apple and Google do with the iPhone and Nexus line as they are controlled via Apple and Google. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly. There are updates Rogers had before Bell, and vice versa.. We will see it hopefully tomorrow, or sometime this week. Sadly, it's an old build from march 13th.. Why not 5.1, who knows. 😞 I'm running the Bell version on my phone for now until Rogers officially releases it. 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello LordZog

5.1 won't come anytime soo so don't hole your breath. Atleast now it shows that the carriers are releasing the update so it will come!
I'm Here A Lot

Hey you dont have to wait for rogers if youre on the new Canadian lollipop all you have to do is go to phone and dial these exact numbers,  *#272*YOURIMEI# and change your CSC to the appropriate carrier. This will factory reset your phone. select RWC enjoy

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone actually been able to get the update or has it still not been rolled out yet?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello huggs_3

Unfortunately the update hasn't been pushed out yet. Give it a few more days
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone

Rogers and Telus has started slowly releasing the update for the Note 3. Please be advised that the update may not come to you right away.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

what about the note 4? have they started rolling that one out?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

You are in a Note 3 thread. You will probably get better results searching in a Note 4 thread.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Lollipop for Note 3?

Since Bell is already rolling out 5.0, then theoretically if I am stuck on 4.4.2 (well, back on 4.4.2 waiting for update) I should be able to change CSC to Bell, flash their OTA update, then change CSC back to Rogers. Has anyone tried this?