Lollipop OS upgrade!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lollipop OS upgrade!

Motorola just confirmed that Lollipop will come to:

• Moto X (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
  • Moto G (1st Gen. & 2nd Gen.)
  • Moto G with 4G LTE
  • Moto E
  • Droid Ultra, Droid Maxx, and Droid Mini

Now the question is if Rogers will make it available for all the models they carry (bold), and if so, when?

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lollipop OS upgrade!

Hello Rhialto

II am sure they will but they will announce it via the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread . Once they do u will see it as " Coming Soon" or a date. Until then u won't get much info on here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rhialto

II am sure they will but they will announce it via the " OS Upgrade Schedule" thread . Once they do u will see it as " Coming Soon" or a date. Until then u won't get much info on here.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So it’s been 2 months since the original post and no word or updates. The OS Upgrade site does however have a dash labelled for both the Moto X and Moto G models that are carried that seem to imply that no further updates will be made available, yet I’m hoping to be proven wrong. I love my Moto X, even with the screen cracked. I just wish it were updated. It may look like I need to root and see about upgrading it my self.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mdpotter

It all depends on Motorola & Rogers. They both need to make the agreement to release the update out the customers & which update it will be. unfortunately until then there is no word if or when the next update will be released.