Lollipop 5.0.2 OS for Galaxy Alpha

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bentwookie
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Lollipop 5.0.2 OS for Galaxy Alpha

It's strange that the Overview Button works sometimes and not others.  I noticed the issue when I started messing with the setting in Chrome to "Merge tabs and apps" but either setting in there doesn't fix it any more.

No, I haven't tried a factory reset.  Do you mind telling what that entails and what I'll loose and what I'll have to reload?

Thanks,

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bentwookie

A factory reset will bring your device to factory settings like the day you got it. You can always back up our contacts, texts, pictures, videos & documents on Samsung Kies. Download Samsung Kies on your computer & then plug in your device into your system. Back it up & then do it. Restore everything afterwords.

You will just lose all the apps & you will have to redownload the apps. That is all.
bentwookie
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @Meowmix,

I tried a factory reset and the Overview button still doesn't work.  Can I go back to Kit Kat?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bentwookie

Unfortunately there only way to revert back is to root your device and get the old kit Kat rom. There isn't anyway for Rogers to do it
bentwookie
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Meowmix,

I backed up my Alpha with Helium and got Rogers' 4.4.4 ROM installed and running.  The multi/overview/recent apps button now works perfectly but downgrading has its other headaches.  The Helium backup won't restore on 4.4.4 so I had to login to tons of accounts and install all my apps manually.  I got most data back, but there are a couple games that I have redo 100 levels now.

The other major annoyance is that now there is an icon on the top bar asking for me to update to 5.0.2.  It also has the update listed in the Notifications and says "Update postponed".  The lock screen in Lollipop is much better than KitKat and I may need to install NiLS again.

I know the multi/overview/recent button is a common issue with the Alpha on Lollipop, but I'm tempted to upgrade again and see if it works.  I can't find any definitive answer as to whether it's a known issue or ananomaly.   I guess I should probably wait for 5.1.

I had lots of trouble finding info on this issue, so hopefully my experience will help someone else.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bentwookie

Thank you for all that. It will be useful!