Lollipop 5.0.2 OS for Galaxy Alpha

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agg1945
I've Been Here Awhile

Lollipop 5.0.2 OS for Galaxy Alpha

While away in Florida last week my Rogers Galaxy Alpha downloaded the Lollipop 5.0.2 update. I am hesitant to install as there has been no indication from Rogers that the Alpha was getting this update yet and I've seen plenty of issues on other devices with Lollipop. Should I have gotten this update or is this an error because I was in another country? thanks!

***Edited Labels***

RogersMoin

Re: Lollipop 5.0.2 OS for Galaxy Alpha

Hello @agg1945, Welcome to Rogers Community Forum!Smiley Happy

Thank you for your post, I have also checked the OS upgrade schedule and the upgrade is not listed for Galaxy Alpha. As you have mentioned, the update might have been downloaded when you were connected to different carrier outside the country, even though I haven't seen a non-Rogers’ device getting OS update when connected to Rogers’ network. Personally, I would not install it.

Thanks,
RogersMoin

agg1945
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks for the quick response! 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @agg1945

It's been confirmed that some Bell and Telus and some Rogers customers are receiving the 5.0.2 update!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2015/05/25/samsung-galaxy-alpha-receiving-lollipop-update-in-canada/
agg1945
I've Been Here Awhile

Awesome thanks for the link! 

fysty-1
I Plan to Stick Around

Can anyone tell me if  & when either Rogers or Samsung will upgrade the Galaxy Mega 6.3?  I just got the upgrade to 5.0.2 for my Galaxy tab S 10.5. If there is not going to be an upgrade, is there anyway to get it done? I recently upgraded to the note 4 but only used it less than a day & put my sim back in the 6.3 &have given the note to my partner as she is still using an old expria. I love my Mega 6.3. There is rumours of a new Samsung called through tab 4 that is 7". I may upgrade to that when & if it comes available. Thanks gents for the help.  You all are great!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @agg1945

Your are welcome!!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @fysty-1

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet for your device as its the Mega. As I said in the other thread,u may not get it. It's all up to Samsung and Rogers
bentwookie
I've Been Here Awhile

I updated my Alpha today with rogers. Now my overview/multi/open apps button doesn't work most of the time. It doesn't even light up when I press it.
Rogers own Home Edition pvr app doesn't seem to work on Lollipop either. It was fine yesterday but now just like my nexus 7 won't let me login.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bentwookie

Hmm have you tried doing a factory reset on the device To see if that will fix it?