Lockscreen square characters Lollipop 5.0.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Lockscreen square characters Lollipop 5.0.1

Hello @SS604

Glad to see that's not happening after that. It may not be the actual cause but it isn't coming back.
SS604
I Plan to Stick Around

after 3 weeks of it NOT occuring, the issue finally reared its ugly head today!

So.. trying to track as to how or why.... the phone was on my desk... I sent a txt message and then placed it back on my desk and phone screen went dark again... a new txt came in and thats when the lock screen characters got all fuzzed up.

SO... it is now official..disabled power saving mode did NOT fix this.. although I didnt experience it for 3 weeks.

absolutely no idea how or why it popped up so randomly.. i did not change the wallpaper either.. am using my own custom wallpaper as the lock screen background, and NOT a stock samsung one.

There is no fix, there is no will to fix it either.  i'm just surprised that this is not happening to every samsung handset out there.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SS604

Even if that didn't fix the issue, it still somewhat delayed it from happening. My guess would be that Samsung is either going to fix it on their next major update or send out a small update but not anytime soon. There is no way of actually knowing unless Samsung says something
sparky853
I'm Here A Lot

I've had this same thing happen to me on my Samsung S5. Restarting the phone will solve it temporarily. Luckily, it doesn't happen all that often. Would be nice if Samsung could fix this.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky853

Hmm hopefully Samsung can send out a update and fix this ASAP!