cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Sports on Anyplace TV for my iPad

bbajovic
I Plan to Stick Around

I am confused so if someone can explain to me I would really appreciate:

I have VIP TV package and Internet from Rogers. Last year I was watching Blue Jays and Raptors on My computer for free in a good resolution (I subscribe to all sports channels where these games are on).

Now I want to watch on my iPad when I travel (over Wi-Fi). It seems that I cannot do it unless I PAY AGAIN.

I call this a robbery because I already paid for it and I can use computer. Why in the world I cannot use my iPad?

Maybe I am wrong or did not understand properly so I would like someone to explain it to me.

Thanks

***Edited labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Live Sports on Anyplace TV for my iPad

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are anyplace apps.

Anyplace TV LIVE

Anyplace TV

Anyplace TV Home Edition

The TV live, there is another subscription on and above with.

the TV one, is essentialy RoD, but can sometimes have other content as well

The anyplace home edition is the newer one.  It allows the programming of the digital boxes, etc..
AND i beleive now, with an ipad, allows for live tv (of select channels)

WHat were you using on your PC to watch it?

bbajovic
I Plan to Stick Around

I know you can watch live TV (limited number of channels).

I used to watch these games on Rogers on demand online (which is Rogers ANyplace TV now), like I said on a computer. Why in the world you cannot do that on iPad unless you pay extra fee? That is my question.

This is from the ad:

Rogers Anyplace TV

• To access the Toronto Raptors live-stream on your computer, you must be registered to Rogers Anyplace TV
  • You must be a Rogers TV customer
    • Must subscribe to Sportsnet ONE to view Raptors games airing on Sportsnet ONE
    • Must subscribe to Sportsnet to view Raptors games airing on Sportsnet
    • Must subscribe to NBA TV Canada to view Raptors Game In An Hour.  Visit the NBA TV Canada channel to get access.

Rogers Anyplace TV Live

• To access the Toronto Raptors live-stream on your smartphone, download the Rogers Anyplace TV Live app from iTunes, Android Market, or Blackberry App World
  • Rogers Anyplace TV Live is available to Rogers Wireless customers with select smartphones. Visit rogers.com/mobileTV for more details
  • $5 per month subscription fee applies

Is it greed or just bad business?

Its not available under the REGULAR anyplaceTV app?

If so, you could be right.

IF it was a paid extra straight off.. sure. (that you had to pay extra to see on the PC, etc)

But if you can access through regular anyplaceTV/ROD via the PC, it SHOULD be the same for any other venues to access that, like the apps, etc.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation