Live Rogers cable tv streaming to iPad via Wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Live Rogers cable tv streaming to iPad via Wifi

Are there any plans to provide for the live streaming of my Rogers cable channels using my Wifi router for viewing on my iPad? I can connect multiple tv's to my cable so it only makes sense that the iPad would have the same feature.

***Edited labels***

Rogers Employee BrandonP
Rogers Employee

Re: Live Rogers cable tv streaming to iPad via Wifi

While its not live streaming, have you tried Rogers On Demand Online? (http://www.rogersondemand.com/) ... this may be what your looking for.

Alternativly, there are third party products like Sling Media's Slingbox® that may a better fit, but at a cost.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks RogersBrandon but I believe those solutions to be unacceptable workarounds.  Rogers On Demand Online uses Flash which Apple doesn't allow, so they can't be viewed. The Slingbox as a costly alternative has mediocre reviews at best with several advising, "Do Not Buy this product".  My question is, "When is Rogers going to support its cable subscribers who require cable to WiFi transmission for their Apple mobile devices?" This should be a no brainer for a company the size of Rogers. 

I'm a Senior Contributor

@dbrown20191 - Do you think the Rogers On Demand Online service overall works for what you are trying to accomplish?

If so, my understanding is Apple devices use html5. If our services work, just not in the ideal format, you could try sending feedback via Rogers.com to have Rogers on Demand Online to have it switched/converted to HTML5 to allow you to use our services on your Apple device. It doesn't resolve it now, but its a possible option for the future.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks James. It's not exactly what I'm seeking (see original post) but yes, it would appear that Rogers On Demand Online with HTML5 conversion is the best that I can hope for.  I'll submit a feedback request to Rogers suggesting this enhancement to their service.  With an estimated 28 million iPad sales in 2011 one hopes that Rogers will take the lead regarding customer expectations.

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/08/ubs-2011-ipad-sales-to-total-28-million-iphone-52-million/

I've Been Here Awhile

ROD will then have to move to HTML 5 video which woouldn't require flash.

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

@RogersBrandon, @James

Thanks for helping out!