cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Feed Cut Off - Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - National Geographic Channel

Candew
I've Been Here Awhile

At 11:30 last night, during the 'Best in Show' portion of the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show that was being carried live on the National Geographic Channel, the live feed froze and appeared to be cut off at 11:30 pm followed by 5 mintues of a frozen National Geographic logo. Afterwhich, the scheduled "Border Security" program was brought on air, but not before approximately 4 mintues of commercials.

The result of this is that anyone who had been following the live show missed the climax of the occasion by being denied seeing which dog was chosen as 'Best of Show.'

Why carry the feed live only to cut it off at the most crucial moment of the show?  I recognize that not everyone is a dog lover, but for crying out loud, can you imagine if Rogers had done that during the last five minutes of the Super Bowl?  For dog lovers, this is the Super Bowl and some of us had been watching for two evenings waiting for this very moment.

This is completely unaccpatable, especially for the premium we pay for cable TV in this country.  Rogers should be ashamed of themselves for this complete lack of care and concern for their subscribers.  Is it any wonder why people are cutting the cord in this country?  Please provide an explanation as to why this occured and who we should contact to receive credit on our account?  We re seriously considering cancelling ALL of our services with Rogers over this incident.  If Rogers truely cares about their customers, then I hope to hear from a Rogers service represenative sooner rather than later.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Live Feed Cut Off - Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - National Geographic Channel

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

The short form:

Rogers doesn't program your favorite channel.  They only send out whats sent to them (cue the overly semantic 'But what about the ads they insert?' Yes, this is correct, but doesn't apply here.)

IF the live feed stopped, AND a NatGeo logo appeared onscreen, then the problem is with NAT GEO.  The same thing probably happened on Bell Fibe, so changing your service provider won't help.

Rogers may do something for you, but they're under absoloutly no obligation to, as its not their fault.

Go point your rage at NatGeo.  They obviously had a technical problem with their live feed.  It happens sometimes.

Re: Live Feed Cut Off - Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show - National Geographic Channel

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, this seems to have been a Nat Geo issue.  I recorded these programmes for my wife on FoxSR and there were no such issues. The programming did run quite long every day and I'm glad I added an hour to the last day because it finished about 45 minutes late...  Perhaps NG had assumed it wouldn't run more than 30 minutes over time and there was no one watching at 11:30PM...

Candew
I've Been Here Awhile
I was able to catch and record the repeat of the best in show portion yesterday late afternoon (entirely by accident, as the program guide said 'Happy Days' was to be shown) 🙂

Stuff happens as they say. Rogers can be a big target 😉

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The two shows are also repeated this Saturday and Sunday on NG for anyone interested.  Makes sure you extend the recordings by an hour in case they air "like live".

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation