Live Chat Customer Service Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bainsjot
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Live Chat Customer Service Issues

Hi I am Navjot my Roger aap not showing data plz tell me
RogersShaun
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @Bainsjot,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums. 

I just want to inform you that this is not live chat. This is a user to user discussion board. You can reach our live chat platform here or feel free to post your concern in the appropriate board.

RogersShaun

Bainsjot
I'm Here A Lot

Hi
RogersMaude

Good day @Bainsjot,

Welcome to the Community & thanks for your post!

Please refer to post 42 of 43, for your options on how to reach one of our representatives.

Don't hesitate to post your concern in the appropriate board for assistance from the Community Forums users.

Cheers!

RogersMaude

Rajie
I've Been Around

Bad Experience with Live Chat

I have future dated cancellations with Rogers coming up as of April 1st for all my services (TV, home phone, internet) because I am older and the bill is just too steep. Winback team called me, so I came on live chat to discuss it further because I feel as if I get upsold on the phone. Also, I like getting a transcript of the conversation for my records.

I am looking for just internet. The CSR offered  me $69.99 for 2 years on ignite500. I ask if anything better can be done. They say no. I say make a note on the account and I'll get back to them.

I tried contacting them this weekend to go forward, but the wait times on chat was really long. I finally get through today, and ask again for a better price. The CSR, Alyssa, says it is the best offer for my address. 

I ask if promos are done based by address and she says that some are, but this is the best offer. I ask if I am being excluded from any promos based on where I live, and she again says no and that this is the best overall offer.

While we're talking about moving forward, I do a quick google search and see on Red Flag Deals that someone was offered ignite 500 for $24.99 for two years, including setup costs just 3 days ago. I ask about this and she says that I am not eligible. I ask why, and she says because I live outside the area of the promo.

I remind her that she just told me that I was not being excluded from any promos based on where I live, and she starts backtracking saying that promos are based off of address. I tell her that it seems like she lied to me to try and close the sale, and she keeps repeating that it was a miscommunication and that I am interpreting it incorrectly. I tell her that I clarified with her, and she still doubled down on what she said, so it can't be a miscommunication. It was just a lie.

I ask to be transferred to management. She does so and I get a manager named Ginny. She asks me if my issue was not getting a better price, and I tell her that and that I was lied to by a CSR to close a sale. She offers to credit me two months of internet.

I tell her that I want what the CSR originally said honoured, that I would not be excluded from promos based on address, and that I would like ignite 500 for $24.99. She says that she cannot do that as I am outside the promo area.

I remind her that that is not what the CSR had told me, and she keeps picking and choosing segments of the chat to say that the CSR had been right, completely ignoring the area where she lied to me. I point it out, and the manager tells me that she does not see how that's relevant.

We keep going back and forth and she says that she will have someone call me. I tell her that I do not like the phone because I feel as if I get upsold, so I would like to continue on chat. She agrees.

We go back and forth, me saying I want ignite 500 for 2 years at $24.99 and her saying that she cannot. She says that it would not be two years anyway, that the offer was for only one year. I say let's move ahead with that, and she says it is not available to me.

Finally, I say that if I am excluded from promos based on area, even though the CSR told me something different, that I would like something else offered in the same vein as what she had offered to me earlier. I say that I will sign up for 2 years at $69.99, but with 6 month credited instead of 2. This would be comparable savings over the first year as if I had the $24.99 promo, but this can be offered to me as credits are not limited geographically.

She says that she will have someone contact me again but that that is not possible, and I tell her that I think we can come to an agreement tonight. She starts saying goodbye and I ask that she stay connected so that we can work through this. She disconnects anyway. I did not swear, be rude, or get otherwise belligerent.

What can I do? 

barndoor
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Rajiewrote:

What can I do? 

Stop being so greedy . 

I 'm not a big fan of Rogers anymore  but the attitude in  your post   bugs me even more .  They offer you what seems to be a pretty good deal and you nickel and dime them ?  There are lots of people that can't even get that  type of service.   Smiley Wink 

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

What can you do?

First a couple of comments - to say the person lied isn't going to put you in their good books.

Second, you don't know nor does the person on the chat the circumstances that the person on red deals got that offer.  Pretty rare to see an offer like that much reduced under current market unless there was a serious mess up, or they just got someone with authority to do it and was very nice - I have never experienced that drastic a cut in public offer in all my years, and wouldn't expect it.  I say good on that person, but I don't expect it.

Third, the price they are offering is less than the wholesale retailers of Rogers cable. You can't get that price anywhere that I know of, but obviously that person did, but you weren't able to.

Finally, in my experience, I agree, I always feel like I am being upsold on the phone, but I have also learned that is the place that I can get the best offer from retentions.

The last thing you can do - walk and see what you get elsewhere - I am not surprised at all that is all they offered you - it is a pretty good deal for Internet alone - you can get that in bundles, and I have worked some pretty sweet deals over the years, but have never heard the offer in red deals - and like I said, neither you nor the chat person knows the circumstances as to why that person got that deal.

So my answer - is make a choice, stay or go, or do try the phone - I don't like it either, but get a good retentions person and you can usually get the best deal they can offer.  Each level you contact has different authorities of what they can and can't do.  If the person said they can't do the offer you are looking for, they are telling the truth - they can't and they did suggest phone in.

Life goes on.

Bruce

Akunuriraj19
I've Been Around

I have problem accessing my online account as I have a temporary suspension as I’m on vacation. I don’t have pre-authorised payment on the account. I don’t want to miss my monthly payment so please help me through the issue.
Thank you
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Akunuriraj19 :  This is a peer to peer (user to user) forum. This is not live chat.  If you wish to chat, please use the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus (click the appropriate tab - billing and payments in your case?)

Or contact the moderators here via PM:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/How-and-where-can-I-check-my-Rogers-Plan-details-at-My...

Farzana2
I've Been Around

I want new internet package