List of Channels without Commercials or Commercials not violating your speakers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

List of Channels without Commercials or Commercials not violating your speakers

Is there a way to find out if any channels are available that have no commercials?

Are there any movies channels / packages that have no commercials?

Is there a list of channels that Roger's does not prefer the advertisers demands over their customers ears? With a 1000 watt 6 or 7 channel sound system the volume changes on the commercials over the movies are not tolerable any more. I am losing my hearing from this "We're allowed to do this" BS by Rogers and Bell sat providers. I do not know if the other dish company pulls this gimmic, as well. I may find out sooner than I had hoped for.

If the Television Dictatorship controls are ever lifted and Direct TV satellites become avaiilable in this country Canadian providers will not last long.

Hint for Rogers. You can control your volumes for your customer's comfort but you can't control your customers for you own.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: List of Channels without Commercials or Commercials not violating your speakers

Rogers doesn't set the volume the channels themselves do.

You can get receivers that also control this issue with the commercials. Check out Audyssey Dynamic Volume http://www.lanrepgroup.com/inc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71:denon-audyssey-dynami...

Re: List of Channels without Commercials or Commercials not violating your speakers

@Chris wrote:
Rogers doesn't set the volume the channels themselves do.

You can get receivers that also control this issue with the commercials. Check out Audyssey Dynamic Volume http://www.lanrepgroup.com/inc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71:denon-audyssey-dynami...

Thanx Chris

The receiver appears to compress volume levels but this greatly decreases the dynamic range of sound effects in movies. This is an old technique but I am sure they have perfected it somewhat with smater attack and decay algorythms. It just doesn't compete with controlling the volumes ate the source. I paid a lot of money to get good sound effects without damaging my ears due to commercials and channel changes. Rogers admits it and defends it.

This nasty commercial and channel differences does not happen on US satellites and therefor Rogers is either promoting it, allowing it or too technologically backward to control it for their customer's satifaction in TV watching.

I've Been Around

Chris,

Actually, you are wrong. Rogers encodes their commercials in such a way that they are louder than others. This is annoying, i hate it and no longer have Rogers because of it. Rogers injects their commecrials over commercials on certain stations. Rogers ads (for their products) are LOUDER than all other commercials. It is not the broadcast stations, but Rogers (again ROGERS!!!).

Example - watch any station, then switch to the ROGERS TV GUIDE .. and you will see exactly what i mean. Watch other stations and wait until Rogers commercials come on ,,,, and you will see.

I beleive they encode their **bleep** with certain audio expansion that makes it miuch louder. I hate Rogers, with a passion. I registered SOLEY to emphasize that point. They dont care. Will never have Rogers agian.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have to agree I find the commercials very loud on Rogers and louder than I recall on other networks.

Commercials are the main reason we don't watch much TV, but prefer to watch serials and movies on DVD. Nothing like having a five-or-six-minute break intrude several times in the middle of a drama to drain the life out of the show and make us grab for a nearby book. I'd rather buy the shows and watch them later in the year than suffer the ads. Lower volume would possibly make them easier to bear.

The channels we wanted to watch - A&E and HBO for example - are so add-dense that 60 minute time slots barely get 40 minutes of programming. There are so many ads today that we're considering reducing cable services to the bare minimum. Or maybe going back to an antenna.

ALl buloney!

DIrect TV in the USA doesn't have any volume increases in commercials for the five years I had it.

Also their volumes between channels are all balanced unlike Canuckistani TV (Bev and Roger) where each channel has it's own volume range.

Highlighted

I see the CRTC has ruled the volume must be controlled tighter now. The TV programming audio  is much better now.

Funny how Rogers can suddenly control volumes that were "totally out of their control" in the past.