Limited Time Offer Hardware Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kathyt64
I Plan to Stick Around

Limited Time Offer Hardware Upgrade

So yesterday I get a text from Rogers saying this:

This weekend only! You can now upgrade to a new smartphone without changing your current price plan and we will waive $91.67 as of Mar 25, 2015 in early upgrade fees when you renew on a new 2-year term! Offer available only by phone 1 855 213-0837. Quote offer code **********  to take advantage of this great deal. This offer is only available for xxx-xxx-xxxx until March 31st, 2015. Reply STOP to opt-out of Rogers text msgs. Reach us at httxxxxxxxxxxxx

So what does that mean exactly I'm thinking. Called Rogers 3 times because the first 2 people said no way I could keep my existing plan (6GB data each phone) and that I would have to move to a share everything plan. Screw that I said. The 3rd person said,yes you and your husband can updgrade both your phones, we waive the upgrade fee AND you can keep your existing plans from 3 years ago. I can upgrade from my Galaxy S3 to an S4, S5 or Note 3 for zero cost.

I thought being able to stay on a great plan from years ago was an impossibility nowadays. Anyway, she gave me a reference number and said it is on our account that we can get all that.So we're stopping by Rogers to check out new phones. Hope they don't try to screw us over last minute and say, "Oh we made a mistake, you need to switch plans."

***Edited labels***

RogersMaude

Re: Limited Time Offer Hardware Upgrade

Good afternoon @kathyt64 ,

Thank you for your post.

I can definitely confirm that the promotion you are reffering to is an offer that is currently available.

If you wish to benefit from it, you price plan must be $60 or more per month (before applicable taxes) for voice and data combined. If you have received the text message in question, you are eligible to process the hardware upgrade without a change of price plan to a Share Everything or Smart Picks.

Thank you for your feedback, we sent communications to all our representatives to ensure that they are aware of the actual promotion.

If you wish to take advantage of this great offer, I recommend upgrading in the briefest delays as it will expire shortly!

Let us know how it goes in store Smiley Happy 

RogersMaude

kathyt64
I Plan to Stick Around

The text from Rogers is EXTREMELY misleading. I called and they said no you do not get to keep your existing price plan. We'll waive the upgrade fee but you have to switch to a share everything plan. If you want to keep your existing plan we can sell you a Samsung Galaxy S5 for $250.

So can someone tell me where the "great deal" is here??? So they waive $91 in upgrade fees. Whoop-dee-do!!! Why in the world would I give up 6GB data EACH for my husband and I just to share 3GB???? No way I'm paying $500 total for each of us to get a new phone either.

We've been loyal Rogers customers for nearly 30 years and they've taken thousands and thousands of $$ from us over that time. They send a misleading "great deal" offer to us and still try to force us off our plan to these crappy share everything plans?

I've already bookmarked the link to the CRTC complaints department and will be filling out the form today to complain about these shady "great deal" offers from Rogers. Just go on Rogers Facebook page to see I'm not the only cutomer over the last 48 hours to receive this offer. Every person has the same complaint. 

tkchan
I've Been Around

I got the same text too. I called in and the rep told me I get to keep the existing plan, then I asked him "so whats the catch?"

He told me that I don't have the choice of the lastest smartphone, the best one I can pick is Samsung S3.........

I think that phone came out like almost 3yrs ago.... I guess this is Rogers way of using $60/mon customers to get rid of old phone overstock...

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @kathyt64 

I’m sorry to hear of your frustration with trying to get new devices.

As @RogersMaude  mention, you are able to keep your existing plan that’s $60 or higher with voice and data combined.  

With that option available for you; I can definitely assist by taking a look at your account.

I’m going to have someone reach out to you in Private Message, please check your messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

@RogersPrasana 

rhiney
I've Been Here Awhile

I was recently talking to a rogers rep concerning my $30  6 gig plan. He told me that in 2015 roofers is going to force all of us off that plan and into a new share plan. I expressed my distaste and said I've been a rogers customer for more than 20 years. Does this not mean anything, if I'm forced off this mplan I will close both of my ACCTS and take my $200 a month elsewhere. He basically told me to not let the door hit me on the way out. So being a rogers customer for two days or 20 years means nothing anymore. 

kathyt64
I Plan to Stick Around

It's the Samsung S3 my husband I got nearly 3 years ago. The Rogers rep this time said we could upgrade to the S5 or Note 3. Several people have posted on Rogers Facebook page about getting this offer this week and then Rogers won't honour it.

kathyt64
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm right now having a Facebook chat with a Rogers rep who has said he will honour the offer. But I am still waiting for him to guarantee that my current plan (with 6GB data) will not change nor will my monthly cost increase. We'll see what happens. When I sent him a screenshot of the Rogers text to my phone, he said the other text offers he saw did not say that my "current price plan" would not change. Thats when he said he would honour the offer. But I'd like to know how this rep on Facebook can say he will honour the offer when the manager at Rogers retentions said there was nothing he could do??? As I say, I'll see what happens in the end.

kathyt64
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm happy to report that Rogers and I have come to an agreement on the hardware upgrade offer that I am very happy with. It took a total of over 3 hours of phone and Facebook chatting over 3 days but we hammered out a deal and I have it in writing.

Daves
I've Been Around

I received the text too. I just called and they told me the same thing, that I needed to switch plans or if I didn't do that that I needed to pay extra for even the $0 smartphones. In some cases depending on the phone they wouldn't honour some of the other things in the text like waiving the early upgrade fee etc. even if you did that.

Apparently I could stay on my existing plan if I bought a phone outright. But I could do that without buying one from Rogers.

Depending which phone you choose determines whether the text was misleading or not. The text said the early upgrade fees would be waived and that I could stay on my existing plan.

You should customize your texts if you are going to have these exceptions for some customers.