Leafs TV black?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Leafs TV black?

Mar 23, 2014 @ 7pm: Supposed to be a Toronto Maple Leafs game on 500 (Leafs TV) but it's just black. No sound, no pic.

What's the story, Rogers???

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Leafs TV black?

Hello Blackfin

Hmm mine works just fine here in Scarborough ( Kingston & St Clair). I am watching the game as we speak. I have VIP Cable as well.

Have you tried rebooting the box to see if that fixes it?
I'm Here A Lot

Yep, I unplugged the PVR and when it finally rebooted Leafs TV was back.

This Nextbox. Worst UI I've ever seen on a modern piece of electronics (slow, clunky) and now having to deal with stuff like this. So tired of this thing...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Blackfin

Boxes on any provider have issues like this. I have Bell Fibe & this does happen sometimes on channels. It seems like updates during the night or the channel may not work properly unless the box reboots.

At least when you did the reboot, the channel started working & it wasn't a big issue ( Channel down for everyone or other issues). I do agree with you tho.
I'm Here A Lot

I guess.

My previous PVR was a decent, reliable unit up until the point it started pixelating everything horribly. But its UI was quick, its PVR functions (play, FF, REW, pause, frame-by-frame advance etc) were great compared to this. I hit FF and then hit play and it's sometimes 5-10 seconds before it actually responds. Same with so many other "features"... Just don't understand why this box is so bad .

Anyway, the game is back. Probably was Rogers pushing an "update" (too bad they can't increase the priority on the IR receiver interrupt or whatever) and it required a reboot.

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Blackfin

Every cable box has issues. Some are small & some are big problems. I had the NextBox 2.0 ( 8642) & i always had issues with it. With my NextBox 3.0 (9865) i barely have any issues with it unless there is a update at night. That is all.

Most likely was update or the channel was just fuzzy & needed a reboot. At least you can watch the game now. Hopefully the leafs can win!.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That he mentions the slower response time... I am wondering if he has the nb2?

Changing to the nb3 might at least remove those issues.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

Most likely it is the Nextbox 2.0which we all know was & is still slow & has major issues compare to the NextBox 3.0.