Latest and greatest Android phones available from Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Latest and greatest Android phones available from Rogers?

I'm looking to research my next phone, and all I see from Rogers are older Android phones.

There are some interesting new phones that come up on the Internet that have teased us for a while, and now that they're starting to come out, I'm eager to see when Rogers will be getting them.  But I can't find that information on the website.

And to be clear: I'm not just speaking of "right now", I'm talking about every time I've tried using Rogers.com to plan my next phone over the years.

Is there some place we can go to get "coming soon" style of announcements from Rogers? As a long-time customer, that would be hugely useful when it comes to planning my next phone.

Currently, I'm interested in the "Samsung Galaxy S II 4G".  (or many of the similar generation of Android smartphones)

Which of those will Rogers be getting, and when?

Thanks!

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Latest and greatest Android phones available from Rogers?

Other than the corporate Redboard (http://redboard.rogers.com/) which is essentially useless, I've been doing the same search and coming up with nothing.  Vaguely interesting is this post talking about the Samsung Infuse, http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/samsung-galaxy-s-infuse-4g-coming-to-rogers/.  By the time we get it, the Galaxy SII will be out and kicking global **bleep**

Rogers seems to constanlty err on the conservative side with their product lineup.  Telus and Bell both have far better offerings at any given time.  Really not sure why -- they're the corporate equivalent of the Toronto Maple Leafs - always a day late and a dollar short, but full of promises, and a massive bank account.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Latest and greatest Android phones available from Rogers?

I think we are still suffering from the "blackberry" centric plans that every Canadian wireless provider suffered from.   Only difference is that the larger providers have a greater difficulty changing course.

When the only choices they will have to fill out their phone selections are the single iPhone of that year, the single Blackberry that is hot in that year, or the many Android phones... they will start to fill out the Android lineup.   

Android only became commercially popular in the recent past.  It takes more than a year to get a phone made specifically for a vendor like Rogers.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation