LTE signal loss on Nexus 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nerds2You
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE signal loss on Nexus 5

Trudie,

Do you have any friends that have a different LTE device on the Rogers netork?  If you do, can you compare your signal strength to their's when in the same location?  Are they similar or is there a big difference?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nerds2You

While that is true, all devices are different and don't have the same internals / radio chips. I have the Note 3 and Z30. My Note 3 half bars with LTE and my Z30 shows full bars with LTE.

Alot play around here tho. So yes the user can do that but won't be much help if the other device is getting more or less.
Nerds2You
I Plan to Stick Around

The reasoning behind doing a comparison is to determine the signal quality for the area, it helps to more clearly establish if the area the phone is being used in has decent LTE coverage or not. If several different people in the area all experience no more than say 3 bars of signal then i'd be more inclined to blame coverage than the device.  When I first got my HTC One X the signal strengh was awful on LTE compared to HSPA+ but it was not the fault of the device, over time the LTE signal became much stronger.  Troubleshooting is about taking out as many variables as possible to narrow it down to the most likely cause and solution.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nerds2You

You are right and wrong. While that is true, like i said above you also have to understand that every device is different and signal will go differently in each device. While yes LTE has become much stronger, doesn't mean the signal will go out properly and clear to the phones. If it worked like that, no one would have issues lol.

If another device is getting more signal and bars, that means the phone is picking up more signals and waves then the other phone. That is true but not many will sit there and ask other to test the signal.  Remember people don't have patience for stuff like that as they rather make it work then test things.  While not everyone is the same,  many rather fix the issues easily then take more roots to do it.  

HSPA+ can not be compared to LTE...  HSPA+ uses different data speeds and signals and monitors. . LTE gives you faster speeds and more signal. Remember that wheb comparing those 2. 

Anyways like i said.  The OP needs to figure this out the easy way 

Nerds2You
I Plan to Stick Around

You are correct, it's super difficult to ask a friend to look at their signal strength on their phone while standing next to them.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nerds2You

I never said its hard but you need to remember every device has different internals and chips. Also like i pointed out my Note 3 got half bars with LTE VS my Z30 shows full bars with LTE. Same place / Same time and both sitting on my desk. The speeds were different as well.  My Note 3 got. 120 mbps vs the Z30 getting 94mbps. See the difference? 

It can all all depend on many factors. While yes asking a friend to see the signal strength in their device may help a bit and easy, its not much help to trouble shoot your problem on your device as still your device isn't getting enough signal ( if the device your friend is using is getting better straight then u)