LTE signal loss on Nexus 5

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zipstrip
I've Been Around

LTE signal loss on Nexus 5

I recently upgraded to an LG Nexus 5 and I noticed that I get a very poor LTE signal. (Usually around -105dBm, 1 or 2 bars.) After doing a little reading online, I see that this is a pretty common complaint. If I switch  to 3G my signal strengthens greatly. (-83dBm, 4 or 5 bars.)

I could just leave it on 3G, but naturally I would like to get the most out of my new device, and LTE is the optimal network for this.

Does anybody know what the cause is? Is the issue with this version of Android, the phone itself or Rogers' LTE service?

***edited labels***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE signal loss on Nexus 5

Hello Zipstrip

I have read that Nexus 5 users on ATT, Verizon, Bell, Telus and Rogers are having this issue. Some even reported that they changed the sim cards, did a factory reset on the device and everything else but no help.

Its most likely the device causing this. Have you tried contacting LG to see what they say? They will most likely say to contact Rogers but see what they say.
Evo_Spec
I've Been Here Awhile

Any updates on this? i've been having the same issue even although i have had it working intermittently after copying a slightly different APN settings from a friend with an HTC one.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Evo_Spec

Do you have a LTE sim card? Also it seem like not many are having this issue now
Trudie
I've Been Here Awhile

I just started using my phone today with the LTE sim card.

I'm expereincing 2 signal bars as many has describe, wonder if I can do anything about it?

I haven't use it long enough to realize if phone call drops, but if it does, what should I do about then?

Evo_Spec
I've Been Here Awhile

This actually all started when i got the LTE sim card, prior to getting the LTE sim my 3G and sinal was perfectly fine and acceptable. Now even my 3g is horrible.

Trudie
I've Been Here Awhile

It just weirdly switches back and forth from 3G and H whenever I make a phone call (not that I care when I'm talking on the phone, just saying). When it's just laying there, I get LTE with 2 bars......

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Trudie

Reason is because LTE is data only. Its not voice and data. That's why when making a call, it drops to H or 3G.
Trudie
I've Been Here Awhile

I see. Thank you.

Any word of advise to the 2 bar problem?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Trudie

It all depends on your location, tower location and weather as well. It could be many factors on that one