LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Hello philhouse

They do that if the comment is attacking then, the company or anyone else. They also delete comments if they rude wording and such. Believe me, my comments have been deleted as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's funny though because the comment stayed up for a month or more and they replied to it. Then when I went back to find it to call out the Rogers rep that had replied, it was gone. Oh well.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Who knows why they did it. No one will know unless the reps / mods tell you something. This is the only way to know.

As for the thread. I wonder why they are taking so long to light LTE up. I wonder they are not either done setting it up or running late on finishing it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Even current '4G' speeds in downtown Winnipeg seem terrible right now on my pristine Samsung GS3.

App: Internet Speed Test.

Results:

Down:  3.48 Mb/s

Up: .708 Mb/s

App: Speedtest.net

ping: 367ms

Down: 3.38Mbps

Up: 1.04 Mbps

Like really?

I've Been Here Awhile

This is so sad 😞

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Its a shame because i was thinking of moving to Winnipeg in the up coming months & keeping my Rogers wireless account. If they do not get LTE & i do move to Winnipeg, ill be forced to go with another carrier.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Its a shame because i was thinking of moving to Winnipeg in the up coming months & keeping my Rogers wireless account. If they do not get LTE & i do move to Winnipeg, ill be forced to go with another carrier.

Youll be forced to stay with rogers, as other carriers are just as bad here. MTS and Rogers shared there hspa+ network in manitoba, so if your thinking the telus/bell route, look at the coverage first. they may have dual channel hspa+ but they will never bring lte here, because they have next to no market share.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well to be honest, LTE is not really needed BUT it is if you want faster data. Rogers should be able to bring it no matter what. Its sad that Winnipeg still does not have LTE YET other places do.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm so done with Rogers! As soon as I can get out of this contract....... HELLO BELL!!!!!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ShadNuke

Even going to Bell is not the right thing for me. The big three are not doing so well anymore. Honestly LTE should have been up in Winnipeg along time ago. No reason for Rogers to say " Its coming". That can take months / years..