LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Hello Laynlow

Is there a way you can show us you are getting LTE in Winnipeg with Rogers? It would be amazing if this is real but they should have came out & said they are testing it instead of keeping it low.
I Plan to Stick Around

when i called and asked  tech suport the  said its a test of one tower at a time and  if anyone is noticing  signal dropage    and dropped calls during the day   to make sure they switch phones   so the lte is turned off ...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hmm i heard that same exact line last year when it was supposed to come out:/. If this is real, we need a Rogers rep to come here & post it. I doubt they will but hoping for it!.
I Plan to Stick Around

it took me an hour   on the phone  with  tech to get any answers to why lte was flashing on my phone....  first they tried the  its an error thing...  and i said  thats wired cause my co workers  iphone5   did it too....  then they  tried to say it was   the other brands  lte  causing a mix up and i should reset my phone.....     lol they tried the   bs  and i just always had  the answers for them.....   and it is  verified that the LTE  equipment is in place...     but get this... the licence to the CRTC  for manitoba  was in red tape so they couldnt  even start testing till may 23 midnight

Retired Moderator RogersRavi
Retired Moderator

We are working to bring LTE to your city as soon as possible and will keep you updated when it becomes available in your area.

I Plan to Stick Around

It's nice to see that at least Winnipeg will be getting LTE (assuming it is only red tape holding things up).  It's just sad that this is the very last province to get any kind of upgrade from Rogers.  If it weren't for the fact that MTS is worth nothing outside the province and Bell/Telus don't cover anything north or south of #1 Hwy, I would have jumped ship a long time ago.

So now here I sit in Brandon - probably the last city in the country that got 3G from Rogers (and only because of MTS).  I would expect I'll be retired in 5 years and moved away before LTE shows up here. 

Manitoba is truly the "have-not" province when it comes to cell phones.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

RogersRavi, why do you even bother responding with such a useless post?

Your job is to go out and connect with customers using social media, but all these generic posts do is infuriate everyone. Unless you can provide some actual detail, it's probably best to just say nothing at all.

Retired Moderator RogersElise
Retired Moderator

Hi everybody

Today, we’re very excited to announce we’re bringing LTE Max to Manitoba through a province-wide network sharing agreement with MTS.  Starting June 17th, we will roll out our premium LTE network that enables theoretical network speeds of up to 150 Mbps to customers in Winnipeg, Brandon, Victoria Beach, Grand Beach, Selkirk, Steinbach and Ste. Anne.  

More details here: http://redboard.rogers.com/2013/manitoba-lte/

We also wanted to thank you all for your patience.

We're very happy to finally have LTE available for you.

Starting Monday, let us know how it works for you.

I Plan to Stick Around

I just came here to post this!!!!

Thank you for updating this thread for us!

Still not sure why Rogers just couldn't give us some sort of update for the past 8 months...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Is there a set time? been turning off the wifi since thursday looking for lte to display & the post on redboard said "weekend" & "17th" at the same time, 17th isnt the weekend.. its 5pm sunday now 30 hours left..