LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

@yousefer wrote:

@nToxik wrote:

Also waiting for LTE in Winnipeg. I can't believe we don't have it yet while other smaller towns across Canada do.

Really?

Yes really.  

Saskatoon is the more important region, obviously.

Saskatoon sure, but Regina??? WTW?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I got my contract back in Sept, I was under the impression LTE was coming to Winnipeg right away. I picked the Samsung S3 LTE handset, but have since switched to the i5. Heck, I even picked an LTE plan!
Low and behold, 6 months into my contract, paying for an LTE plan, yet not getting LTE service. Pissed me off when I visited back home for the holidays, and found even St.Catharines had **bleep** LTE!!
Is it a big deal? **bleep** YES!! Had I known LTE wasn't being made available as stated, I would have went on contract with MTS, or just stayed put with Telus. I'm thinking about calling Rogers and demand a partial credit for all the months in my contract I've spent without a service I'm paying for. Wish me luck, I'm sure I'll need it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ragingsherk

Sadly they will not give you a credit at all. This is because you still get service but not LTE. Your phone has signal & works which is why they will not give a credit. LTE is just faster data, nothing else. If you sign up now lets say, you get a LTE data plan no matter what. So thats how it goes. Not defending Rogers at all but just saying MTS & Telus does the same as well.

I would be pissed off as well. The problem is that no one from head office at Rogers isnt saying anything which not a good choice. Winnipeg should have gotten LTE by now. I could be thinking one thing tho, it could be something to do with the government OR just problems they are having adding LTE there. This will not warrant a credit tho as you still get data & service but not LTE. They never said LTE is on in Winnipeg & you are not getting it. LTE is not turned on so thus they will not credit you.

In the end tho, someone needs to give a explanation on what is truly going on about this. I would like tho hear this.
I've Been Around

contact retention, if retention won't do anything say you are switching to MTS and their student deal, I did this because Rogers is sadly still a joke when they can't offer us LTE. I got a reductionn when speaking to a retention manager. While the 10 dollars a month is piddly I still may well cancel my service and go to MTS when the S4 is released since it would be easy enough to sell my note 2 and recoup the cost of moving to another company, getting the newest hardware AND reducing my price while getting what is actually advertised.

I Plan to Stick Around

LTE is nothing special in my opinion. I have an LTE sim card and all I get is 3G and 4G networks still. Rare that I see the LTE network connected. I don't see the point or notice any difference in so called speed being faster having it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tasha5213

You already posted the same exact message in the other thread. No need for a duplicate one.

LTE is way faster then 4G & even WiFi. Ask someone with LTE & they will tell you the same. Downloading & uploading is faster. Just because you can not access LTE, doesn't mean its nothing special.

Either you do not have have LTE enabled on your phone OR you do not live in the area with LTE. Also it depends which device you own & if the CSR added a LTE plan on your account. Many factors play in here for you.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the lte plan. I have a lte sim card. Lte is enabled on my phone. There is supposed lte coverage in my home area, yet there isn't. All I'm saying is when I am out and about and do finally get the lte network. I myself don't notice any difference in speeds whatsoever. I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 Lte
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tasha5213

The update you did, you did it OTA correct? if so then LTE was taken off & LTE became 4G instead as the indicator. This has been explained many times on the threads on here. Even Samsung Canada said this as well.

As for the speeds. Go on Speed.net & test it. See what speeds you get.

Also if you are in Winnipeg, Rogers has yet to release LTE thus this may be the reason why you are not getting LTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

Replied in other topic @meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tasha5213

Already did :).