LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

I agree. Considering MTS has launched their lte, and from what I understand, bell has lte coverage in Winnipeg now too. I'm not positive on that, but from what I've been told, it is here on the other major networks in manitoba, so why is rogers still dillydallying?
I Plan to Stick Around

I just asked at a Rogers store and they said the latest gossip that they've heard is that it will be ready in February. Who knows though. The guy didn't seem very confident about it.

Also, to the poster above, Bell does not have LTE in Manitoba, only MTS does.

See: http://network.bell.ca/en/coverage

I wouldn't go with anyone but Rogers (Fido) or MTS in Manitoba due to coverage once you leave the city.

I Plan to Stick Around

I called rogers a week ago and started asking questions about this. They stated we would have it soon. But I said I was told by end of year an the have have me. 75 in credit on this months bill cause I am complaining. I was sold an lte phone and they. Lied about service....
I've Been Around

That is really S*$*%) you guys been saying for a year now that LTE was going to be launching end of 2012...get your act together and refund some cash to some manitobans that have decided to activate new devices SOLELY on the fact that you guys were supposed to have LTE by now....this is a HUGE PILE  of you know what ROGERS!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello bubbagumppucks

The company it self never told you to get a LTE device. You did it your self because the " rep" told you LTE is comming. Now I get how angry you are but they most likely won't give you a refund as they never went Live saying for you to get a LTE device. You made the desicion your self, not them. If you really want a refund that bad, contact Rogers and speak to a manager. See if they can give you a small credit or something. They won't give much anyways but its worth a shot!. As for LTE. They should by now have it up and running. No excuses anymore. It seems like they have not even finished adding LTE yet.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

It wasn't just the reps promising LTE by the End of 2012, it was the Rogers website stating that as well, until they updated it on Dec 05 2012.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's complete nonsense that Rogers clearly advertised and strongly implied LTE was coming, and people signed up for that reason.  No question, refunds would be perfectly justified.  Not gonna happen of course.  What you can expect, is to keep paying for that 3G data plan you were told would be LTE, and no refunds given.

MTS has LTE running on a small number of devices.  iOS6.1 was just released for iPhones, and iPhone5 will now have LTE on MTS.  Based on their history, this may mean Rogers will have a sharing agreement with MTS and offer LTE shortly as well.  Don't expect to anything other than stonewalling and denials regarding promises vs service though.  Read the big red letters on the top corner of your bill and realize who you are dealing with.

I've Been Around

Honestly I am tired of the poor and conflicting communication from Rogers regarding LTE availability. I bought my phone with the promise that LTE service was imminent. I have no problem eating $400 contract cancellation fee in the context of currently paying good money for a service that is not what I was expecting. This unfortunately is also in the context of me returning to Rogers after a long absence because of previous poor CSR experience. You all know how the saying goes " fool me once...." Fair warning Rogers, you have a limited window before I( and I supect many other Winnipeg subscibers) pull the plug.

I Plan to Stick Around

Also waiting for LTE in Winnipeg. I can't believe we don't have it yet while other smaller towns across Canada do.

Really?

I've Been Here Awhile

@nToxik wrote:

Also waiting for LTE in Winnipeg. I can't believe we don't have it yet while other smaller towns across Canada do.

Really?

Yes really.  

Saskatoon is the more important region, obviously.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats