Check out the update from Rogers on a very old post:
UPDATE (December 5, 2012, 9:10 a.m.): Rogers now expects to launch LTE in Winnipeg next year. Rogers offers the largest and growing selection of the most popular LTE smartphones, tablets and mobile Internet devices. LTE-enabled, devices work on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network in Manitoba today and will be ready when we launch LTE in Manitoba. In addition, as Rogers customers travel across Canada their Rogers device will automatically benefit from LTE coverage in the many markets where LTE has already launched. The Rogers LTE network is available in select Canadian cities; visitrogers.com/lte for coverage details.
Seems strange that there was this big deal where MTS and Rogers were cooperating on mobile data and now they are not.
There was this whole thing last year about how MTS and Rogers were going to cooperate and share the data towers.
Seems something has gone wrong.
MTS and Rogers have a agreement only on the HSPA+ Network.
Nothing in that agreement said anything about LTE.
I think rogers will only have coverage within winnipeg for LTE while MTS is going ahead with brandon and rural communities because many people still have dial-up or a very slow internet connection, LTE can change that. Instead of running cable out to those communities install a LTE tower.
Im going to expect that ROGERS LTE in Manitoba will lanuch Q2-2013, if it doesn't im switching to MTS.
Lol Its strange ! I am using New Glaxy note 2 almost month now and I was not awre that I am not using LTE . I wish customer service will tell thing to customers as well . They are only saying that you have LTE phone , but do not have services in your area
LTE will be coming to Winnipeg in the new year. We'll be sure to let everyone know when it's live. We're always working on improving our LTE footprint.
I had posted a comment on this thread: http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/rogers-lte-launching-in-more-cities-october-1/
saying that a store rep told me that it would be delayed until 2013. This was back in November. I received a reply stating that they don't comment on speculation. Now my comment has been deleted.
Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.