LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

..unitl 2013.

Check out the update from Rogers on a very old post:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/brace-for-speed-rogers-lte-coming-to-28-more-cities-in-2012/

UPDATE (December 5, 2012, 9:10 a.m.): Rogers now expects to launch LTE in Winnipeg next year. Rogers offers the largest and growing selection of the most popular LTE smartphones, tablets and mobile Internet devices. LTE-enabled, devices work on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network in Manitoba today and will be ready when we launch LTE in Manitoba. In addition, as Rogers customers travel across Canada their Rogers device will automatically benefit from LTE coverage in the many markets where LTE has already launched. The Rogers LTE network is available in select Canadian cities; visitrogers.com/lte for coverage details.

****Edited Labels****

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: LTE not coming to Winnipeg after all.

Seems strange that there was this big deal where MTS and Rogers were cooperating on mobile data and now they are not.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello BuckMacklin

I saw your pm and just wanted to post here as well.

One has to wonder why they are not going live yet with LTE in Winnipeg. I wonder why they are delaying this. Is it because they are not ready?. I am sure they had enough time to finish everything and turn it on.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There was this whole thing last year about how MTS and Rogers were going to cooperate and share the data towers. 

Seems something has gone wrong.

I'm Here A Lot

MTS and Rogers have a agreement only on the HSPA+ Network. 

Nothing in that agreement said anything about LTE.

I think rogers will only have coverage within winnipeg for LTE while MTS is going ahead with brandon and rural communities because many people still have dial-up or a very slow internet connection, LTE can change that. Instead of running cable out to those communities install a LTE tower.

Im going to expect that ROGERS LTE in Manitoba will lanuch Q2-2013, if it doesn't im switching to MTS.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol Its strange ! I am using New Glaxy note 2  almost month now and I was not awre that I am not using LTE .  I wish customer service will tell thing to customers as well . They are only saying that you have LTE phone , but do not have services in your area

Smiley Surprised

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello amarjeet123

Reps do not say anything like this for one reason & one reason alone. They will lose a sell that way. This is why they will LIE or not say anything at all. They will most likely ignore that you asked that or just say something else.
Retired Moderator RogersSarah
Retired Moderator

LTE will be coming to Winnipeg in the new year. We'll be sure to let everyone know when it's live. We're always working on improving our LTE footprint.

I've Been Around

These boards are full of Roger's reps telling us that LTE would be in winnipeg before the end of 2012. "The New Year" .....What does that mean? June?
I Plan to Stick Around

I had posted a comment on this thread: http://redboard.rogers.com/2012/rogers-lte-launching-in-more-cities-october-1/

saying that a store rep told me that it would be delayed until 2013. This was back in November. I received a reply stating that they don't comment on speculation. Now my comment has been deleted.

Thanks Rogers...

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats