LTE issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

LTE issue

My area appears to have been upgraded to LTE about 3 weeks ago.  That is when I began receiving the LTE symbol on my phone (LG G2).  Of course I had to try it out and to my surprise I was getting around 60 MB downloads.  It then dropped to average out around 30 MB which is still awesome.  Anyways, about a week ago very suddenly the data rates are now painfully slow and even un-usable.  If I set my phone to GSM/WCDMA it will connect, show 4G and the speeds are fine (around 5 MB) and everything works perfectly.  If I let it go to LTE I get connection timeouts, failures, no data, etc.

I contacted Rogers this morning via their live chat and after almost an hour of trying to explain the problem they tried to tell me that LTE is not available in my area and then after arguing with them that I was for sure getting LTE their response was that the tower does not point my way.  So why was it working for 2 weeks or so and then all of a sudden just stops but I still get LTE displayed on my phone?

I am very confused as to what may be happening.  Could my phone be having issues?  Perhaps they were testing the LTE network in my area and now have finished but forgot to shut everything back off until rollout?

Up until a week ago everything was working perfectly. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: LTE issue

I don t have any ideas other than going into the store and swapping phones or making a complaint. I've been experiencing the same issues with the same phone and got the same excuse from a rep that I was on the fringe of the network. was advised to stay with the the 4g network only. But that doesn't fix the issue. Seems it's the phone cause everyone else in the room has lte on their s4.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please reach out to us on Twitter via @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers should you need any troubleshooting support @sfodey 

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don t have any ideas other than going into the store and swapping phones or making a complaint. I've been experiencing the same issues with the same phone and got the same excuse from a rep that I was on the fringe of the network. was advised to stay with the the 4g network only. But that doesn't fix the issue. Seems it's the phone cause everyone else in the room has lte on their s4.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes exactly.  A guy I work with just got his new iphone 6.  It is getting LTE sitting right beside mine. His data is working fine, mine is not so everything points to my phone. 

I tried factory defaulting on the weekend and restoring from backup, that did nothing for the issue.  I also was in an area that is shown on the Rogers map as having LTE, did some experimenting while there and same issue, no data flow.

Does anyone know if perhaps the SIM card may have gone bad?  It works for everything else, just no data flow if it connects to an LTE network.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You need to refresh your network settings that's in settings General -reset -network reset You'll have to reset your network passwords when you re-join Wi-Fi networks this way but it's worth it because it doesn't work without resetting your network