cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Network

Steve-O
I've Been Around

I have the Galaxy S2, and the LTE in Brampton usually works just fine. But I noticed for the past two weeks or so it has dropped down to 4G, just wondering if the LTE is down or something? Again, there was no issues with the signal here before, and now it's gone completely.

******* Edit labels ********

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: LTE Network

Achilles
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I suspect your house has more pines trees around it than LTE towers. LTE is a new technology and I'm just assuming here it costs a lot more than a 4G tower which is why when I'm downtown my LTE signal is smokin' fast but at home I barely get 1 bar but my 4G bar is full.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Bread
I've Been Around
I hear ya. Im in brampton too and it was like the 4g wasn't even working.. Texts weren't sending and internet said unavailable. Quite frustrating.

shaggyskunk
I'm a Trusted Contributor
Yea, & I hope you guys called tech support!

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

HTC Raider...  had 1 week of no LTE (only 4G) followed by two weeks of no data service at all.  Got 4G data service back -- still no LTE --  at 4:38 today (at least that's when I got the first notification that I had mail)

Everytime we emailed them they opened a new ticket and started over -- doing NOTHING.  I only deal with them by email because you can't take their word for anything.  Finally got escalated to customer relations today but I don't think they get it either.  I want to cancel my contract for all five of my phones with no penalty.  THEY failed to provide service for two solid weeks and want me to pay to get out of the contract??

How'd you like to have a business you could run like that?  We're going to sign a deal with you for $x per month.  Then we're arbitrarily going to shut off your service... Of course you'll still be required to pay us.  When you finally get fed up contacting us about fixing the problem we caused we'll invoke the penalty clause and you can pay us $2500 to get out. 

A VERY profitable business... shut down the towers, don't provide any service at all just keep the billing and collections departments running.  Oh yes, it's FRAUD but we're Rogers and we've got more lawyers that you.  We have to keep the money rolling in so we can buy bad hockey teams.

That's the situation I find myself in today... a business exec is supposed to call me tomorrow.

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

Well... got a call from Rogers Business Management.  I'm more or less calmed down except.... now I have no service at all.  No data.  No voice.  Guess the call didn't go as well as I thought.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
So did they shut your service down or does that mean you can not use LTE?

EvoPeteMTL
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Steve-O,

It is funny because I'm having the exact same issue with the exact same phone but in Montreal! So there is definitely something else going on with their LTE network.

-Pete

EvoPeteMTL
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi again,

I actually found the issue! Once you get the phone, you can look under Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Network Mode and you will have an option of 4 settings:

GSM/HSPA/LTE (Auto Mode) <- SELECT THIS ONE

GSM/HSPA (Auto Mode) 

GSM Only

HSPA Only

For some reason my phone was on GSM/HSPA (Auto Mode). I have no clue with my phone switched to that setting and never recall choosing that option!

-Pete

jckelly
I Plan to Stick Around

My phone service came back on about half an hour after I posted.  It was in and out of LTE last night but seems to have a stable LTE connection this morning.  Setting were not changed.  Whatever is happening is happening at Rogers end.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
@evoPeteMTL. That is not the issue at all. Every LTE phone you get from Rogers is auto set to GSM/HSPA/LTE mode. The LTE network is having a lot of issue.

@JCkelly.Thats good to hear. I am not using LTE until they fix it.

Etthy
I Plan to Stick Around
this is horrible. When im at home i get 1 bar of LTE. and it always drops to 4G. Iunno if i should call customer support or go into the store to exchange my phone for another one.

Achilles

I suspect your house has more pines trees around it than LTE towers. LTE is a new technology and I'm just assuming here it costs a lot more than a 4G tower which is why when I'm downtown my LTE signal is smokin' fast but at home I barely get 1 bar but my 4G bar is full.

Mayoo
I Plan to Stick Around

@Steve-O wrote:
I have the Galaxy S2, and the LTE in Brampton usually works just fine. But I noticed for the past two weeks or so it has dropped down to 4G, just wondering if the LTE is down or something? Again, there was no issues with the signal here before, and now it's gone completely.

Hey 

Easy way is to go to http://loxcel.com/celltower and then search by 10+ Mhz Filter .. Thats the one will show you all the LTE towers around brampton. Currently i dont see that many above Boviard 😞 .. We need to push rogers to add them as Brampton is expanding massively 😞

According to the coverage map we should have LTE in London now... Still have yet to see it on my Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE, all I get is 4g, anyone around here have any luck?

Which device are you using bdstephenson?

Have you tried updating your network settings?

Rogers_Kate

rparkington
I Plan to Stick Around

I live in London which is supposed to be fully covered by LTE. I find that I can't access LTE 95% of the time and when I do, it's pretty slow. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

This was already posted before.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/GeneralCareSupport/thread-id/874

It seems not a lot of people are getting LTE in London. London should have LTE

BuckMacklin

Could that be the reason that Regina gets LTE but Winnipeg is "soon come"?

I visit Regina for a couple of days a month and the LTE speeds are fantastic on my S3.

I almost wish I could erase the memory of this when I go back home to the 4G HSPA+.

Is it better to have loved LTE and lost it than to never have loved it at all?

#firstworldproblems

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 in conversation