LTE Coverage in Guelph

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

LTE Coverage in Guelph

I live in Guelph and at the end of September I upgraded to the new iPhone5.

The new SIM card is LTE, my iPhone settings show that LTE is enabled, and during the first week of October I received a text message from Rogers advising me that LTE was now available in my area. I checked the coverage map and confirmed that Guelph is now covered by Rogers for LTE.

Last week I received an email from Rogers saying the LTE was now available in my area - the coverage map still says that Guelph is covered but I have NEVER had an LTE connection, just 3G.

Can I ask whether the notes from Rogers were premature, or whether there is an issue with my phone accessing LTE?

Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: LTE Coverage in Guelph

Hi grahamfreeman,

Have you confirmed your data plan is LTE capable?

RogersDarrell

I've Been Around

I just bought an iPhone 5 today through Rogers (also in Guelph), and am unable to send/receive calls. My data is fine (I'm sending this on my phone), and texts work. I am constantly showing 1 or 2 bars and LTE. Sometimes it goes to 3or4 bars with 3G.

I'm calling tomorrow to try and figure it out.
I Plan to Stick Around

I can confirm, living in Guelph, Rogers LTE coverage is horrible and 3G isn't much better. There are plenty of times my iPhone 5, is switching between E and 3G. I rarely use LTE to begin with but coverage is brutal at best. Especially at the U of G.
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation